Cimillo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
yoyi

Cimillo

Post by yoyi »

Looking for the Cimillo family. Carmelo Antonio Cimillo son of Vicente came to Uruguay in 1904, i believe from Piaggine, in the Campania. I'll be visiting Italy this summer and was thinking of going to Piaggine. Any suggestions or Ideas would be appreciated.
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Cimillo

Post by ptimber »

There is only one Vincenzo Camillo listed in Piaggine and is no doubt related to you. Go to www.pagionebianche.it andd insert the camillo name in the frist line and piaggine in the third line and then click CERCA for his full name,address and telephone number. You can certainly write or call VCincenzo and if not whenyou get there you can make inquiries as to the status of the civil records of briths,marriages and deaths since they do not seem to be recorded on microfilm indicatinbg there are none..perhaps destroyed in war or fire or flood. You might wish to ask Vincenzo Camillo if you contact him as to where the records are located, if any. Peter
yoyi

Post by yoyi »

Are Camillo and Cimillo the same thing, or did you mis read my post? Anyway I am in Austria now and will be in Piaggine in a few weeks.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

No you are correct. I suffer from cosmic moments from time to time. Vincenzo Cimillo, Via Sottopiazza 8, Piaggine is his address. His telephone number is 0974942237. Sorry for the typo. Peter
yoyi

Post by yoyi »

This is great information, from my father i learned that:

Carmelo Antonio Felix Cimillo was born 18 of Sept 1884 to Vincenzo Cimillo and Maria Gracia Petraglia.

Apparently there is a Vincenzo Cimillo in Piaggine so I am excited to come for a visit. Edmondo I would love to come to Piaggine during the time that you will be there. I read on your geneology page the name Maria Rosaria Cimillo but i can't understand taht page much.

I am in Austria studying with a program from my law school, but i am able to travel on the weekends. If you could email me so we could get in touch i would like to make arrangements to meet you in Piaggine.

yoyifly@hotmail.com
George