DiCicco and Eramo from Ortona dei Marsi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
becks

DiCicco and Eramo from Ortona dei Marsi

Post by becks »

HI

New here and looking for information of my grandfather family line.
My grandfather is Alfonso DiCicco (born and lived in Boston area, MA)

Great Grandfather: Gaetano DiCicco (born 1883 in Ortona dei Marsi - came to Boston, MA at age 4)
His Parents from Ortona dei Marsi were: Alfanso and Isabella DiCicco

Great Grandmother: Candlelaura Eramo (1893 in Ortona dei Marso- came to Boston, MA at age 20 and married Gaetano)
Her parents from Ortona dei Marsi were: Antonio Eramo and Filomena Pechie

Does anyone know anything about this area in Italy or these families there?

Thanks!
Rebecca
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: DiCicco and Eramo from Ortona dei Marsi

Post by PeterTimber »

If you go to www.familysearch.org and find the nearest family history library and rent out the miocrofilm for civil records for Ortona Dei Marsi for all births,marrriages and deaths from1809 to 1865 which you can rent out for $5.00. They are handwritten records and in Italian.

You can also go oto www.paginebianche.it and put in last name in the first line and Ortona Dei marsi in the second line for a telephone listing for that surname and view possible relatives by full name address and telepho.

You can also go to www.nonsolocap.it and type in Ortona dei Mars on top and click Cerca. When the town name comes up click on it and a website will show up for the town adminsitrative page and to the right midway down is the www.for the "touritst website" of Ortona dei Marsi. It may be in Italian. =Peter=
~Peter~
becks

Post by becks »

Thank you!!
DeCiccofam

Post by DeCiccofam »

Hi,

I am a DeCicco and my great grandfather was from Pomarico, Potenza, Basilicata, Italy. His name was Leonardo DeCicco and was born in 1896. His father, Giuseppe DeCicco was born (I think) in 1869. I am trying to obtain a birth certificate for Leonardo. I have his death cert., marriage cert. and even his US Passport. I know when he came to Ellis Island and where he's from. I believe he had a brother Pasquale. I don't know where to find the LCD Microfilm, but if anyone could let me know it would be great. I couldn't find anything on the Mormon site.

-E
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

There are microfilmed records for the town of Pomarico from 180-1929. Go to www.familysearch.org

Once on this website, go to search records, There is a drop down box there and you will see an option for library catalog. Click on that. On the next screen click on place search. On the next screen put Pomarico in the top box and Italy in the bottom box. Hit the search button and on the next screen click on Pomarico. On the next screen click on civil registration. Next screen click on view film notes. Now you have a list of all of the microfilms available for your town for rental from a local Mormon Library-Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

meant to type 1810 to 1929
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

To DeCiccofam

In all fairness to the person who posted the thread about DiCicco from Ortona, you should have started a new thread to post for information about your Pomarico ancestry.
DeCiccofam

Post by DeCiccofam »

maestra36 wrote:To DeCiccofam

In all fairness to the person who posted the thread about DiCicco from Ortona, you should have started a new thread to post for information about your Pomarico ancestry.
My Apologies. New here and I wasn't aware I needed to start a new thread.

Thanks.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hello DeCiccofam :-)

You may also write directly to the Comune (town) for your GGF record.
Pomarico is in the Matera Province, Basilicata Region.

Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Corso Garibaldi, 4
75016 Pomarico (MT)
ITALY

Help with making your request in Italian (highly suggested)
Form letter - fill in the blanks
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp
Form letter formats
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords

T.
jtalieri

Post by jtalieri »

Just heading back from Ortona dei Marsi.... Will be in the greater Boston area in July if you would like to catch up... Look for my postings on findagrave.com.. and on facebook in the group "im a taglieri". My family is from ortona... and everyone is related in Ortona dei marsi... Familysearch.org has posted all of the birth/death/marriage records for ortona dei marsi from 1809 - 1865... images only...
jtalieri

Post by jtalieri »

Sorry if I did not make it clear.. There is no longer a reason to rent film for Ortona dei marsi... All of the film has been digitized and is available online at familysearch.org.. all of the records are going digital
jtalieri

Post by jtalieri »

So.. Gaetano's parents were Alfonso and Isabella. Alfonso's father was Biagio Egidio DiCicco... I dont have his spouse, but I should... I will check... Isabella's parents were Pietro DiCicco and Maria Antonia Ermao.

Candelora Eramo - Parents Antonio and Filomena Pecce. I have Filomena's headstone posted on findagrave as well as all of the current headstones in Ortona dei Marsi. Her parents were Paolo Pecce and Santa Teresina Troiani.

I have Carrito, Aschi, and Ortona dei Marsi cemeteries posted on findagrave, as well as extended family members in the greater boston area. Generally post Genealogy stuff on the "Im a Taglieri" group on FB if you are interested. Ortona dei Marsi Genealogy is up to 14K people at this point from the 1700's to present. Working with the town to get it posted online.