DEFRANCO family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
APelleg

DEFRANCO family

Post by APelleg »

I am researching my husband's DEFRANCO family from Italy. Frank DEFRANCO b. ~1876 married Isabell DEFRANCO. They immigrated to America in 1900 and 1901. They had the following children:

Concetta DEFRANCO b. 1911 in NY
Charles DEFRANCO b. 1909 in NY
Roland DEFRANCO b. 1914 in NY
Mildred DEFRANCO b. 1921 in NY
Joseph DEFRANCO b. 1918 in NY

Adrienne Pellegrino
http://members.aol.com/apelleg235
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: DEFRANCO family

Post by ptimber »

All records in Italy are in the town of origin. When resdearching the cardinal rule is to work backwards and I suggest you start at www.elllisisland.org for the vital dates and town of origin if you do not know it. You can then go to the family history library of the Mormon church and rent out the microfilm of the town civil records whicvh for southern italky goes back to 1809 and in the north it is less probable but some towns do have records while others may not. The cost is nominal and all briths, marriages and deaths as well as family composition can be viewed. You can also acquire documents directly from the town provided you have full names and at least the year of birth. You can also summon up relkatives by going to www.paginebianche.it and inserting the last name in the first line and the town in the third lijne and click CERCA. Peter
hilaryberry

Re: DEFRANCO family

Post by hilaryberry »

I am Roland DeFranco's granddaughter and also interested in learning more about his family. I am traveling to Sicily in May and would be great to see and learn about my roots!