Seeking Vitaline or Vetaline Luporini's husband

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
islandgal

Seeking Vitaline or Vetaline Luporini's husband

Post by islandgal »

Hi ! I have an ancestor I can't find much for, including her husband's name ! Not sure of province but most likely Lucca or Bari. Her married name is Vetaline or Vitaline Luporini and she came to the US in 1880. Don't know if she was married then. I have her widowed in 1900 in San Francisco with several children still at home. Her two oldest that I know of were born in Nevada, the rest in California. If you need names, please advise. Can anyone please help me finding Mr. Luporini's name and where they came to the US from in Italy ? I haven't found them on a ship, either. All information you can find will be wonderful....thanks ! Islandgal
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Seeking Vitaline or Vetaline Luporini's husband

Post by PeterTimber »

Luporini surname is concentrated in Toscana region in which 106 are located in Lucca Province. None are in Bari so money goes with Lucca. If you wish to trace their entry into the USA then you can first go to www.ellisisland.org and see if you can identify any of your Luporini family ancestors. If not there then you may have to be patient and wait for someone who has access to the paying website www.ancestry.com for more details about their arrival.

You may wish to familiarize yourself with researching your own Italian genealogy free of charge so tjhat when you ask a question you can be more helpful to yourself and the persons on this end in resolving any brick walls you may encounter. The website may be brought up at
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... earch.html

=Peter=
~Peter~
islandgal

Post by islandgal »

Thank you , Peter. I will look into wildfire as suggested. The information I have is from Ancestry, I am a member. I am, however , an amateur and other than the names of her children, the information I gave is all I have been able to find. I have also looked on findagrave.com and through all the papers in the family. No one was aware of the line I am trying to trace now. Thanks for the suggesstion of Lucca, which was my first inclination as well. Only one line in our family appears to come from Bari, but I gave it as an off chance. I was hoping someone here could suggest other avenues to follow as I am at the end of my ability. If you have any other suggestions of ways to look on ancestry or in other places, I am eager to learn Islandgal
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

The website will be your guide and work backwards from the USA to Italy to the Town of origin for 1809 + 20 years to circa 1780 for last generation available thru internet or snail mail. Earlier are church records which can be iffy and historical records requiring research. =Peter=
~Peter~
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

islandgal wrote:Hi ! I have an ancestor I can't find much for, including her husband's name ! Not sure of province but most likely Lucca or Bari. Her married name is Vetaline or Vitaline Luporini and she came to the US in 1880. Don't know if she was married then. I have her widowed in 1900 in San Francisco with several children still at home. Her two oldest that I know of were born in Nevada, the rest in California. If you need names, please advise. Can anyone please help me finding Mr. Luporini's name and where they came to the US from in Italy ? I haven't found them on a ship, either. All information you can find will be wonderful....thanks ! Islandgal
Hi... if Vitaline had a daughter Christina Luporini, married in 1896 in San Francisco, CA at P. Tognoli, http://www.jwfgenresearch.com/SFCall/6900-167.htm
and moved in San Mateo CA
well the her mother birthsurname was MALFATTI;

Name: Christina Tognoli
[Christina Luporini]
Social Security #: 0
Sex: FEMALE
Birth Date: 1 Jan 1876
Birthplace: Other Country
Death Date: 18 Apr 1949
Death Place: San Mateo
Mother's Maiden Name: Malfatti
FATHER'S SURNAME: Luporini

in 1889/91 San Francisco directory was only a Luporini:
Luigi Luporini, liquor saloon; it is possible that this Luigi Luporini ( born abt 1849) is the Vitaline husband; Luigi Luparini died in San Francisco in 1899 age 60 http://cefha.org/usa/ca/sf/sfcall/6999/6999-417.html
you can confirm if Vitaline had also a Christine Luporini daughter?
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
islandgal

Post by islandgal »

Thank you for your reply, Suanj. I have no record of a Christina among her children. I have Rose, Joseph,Obidence,Achille,and Armeda. I will look into Christina, but so far I have Rose & Joseph born in Nevada, USA and all the others in California, USA. christina could have been earlier and not lived with her parents after they emmigrated I suppose, so I will look into that as well as trying to find more from Luigi's connection. Thank you so much for clues to check. This is just the kind of thing I can use ! I will visit your website, too. Anything else you can find would be a great help. Rose is my husband's grandmother and until I found her with her brother Achille, the family now living had no knowledge of the whole Luporini line. It's exciting to find new people all the time, isn't it ? Thanks again Islandgal
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

I believe that your ancestors coming from Santa Margherita hamleth of Capannori town, Lucca province...; Christina Luporini imm. in 1894 and final destination was San Francisco; so maybe she was a niece or other, but what is interesting that all Luporini in San Francisco( that I found) coming from same italian place.. I cannot find Luigi Luporini ship's manifest, but I'm sure that he is the Vitaline husband....

San Francisco, California Directories, 1889-91

Name: Luigi Luporini
Location 1: 422 Broadway
Location 2: 10 Bartol
Year: 1889
City: San Francisco
State: CA

San Francisco, California Directories, 1889-91
about Luigi Luporini
Name: Luigi Luporini
Location 1: 422 Broadway
Year: 1890
City: San Francisco
State: CA

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
islandgal

Post by islandgal »

Thank you again ,Suanj. I was having computer trouble last night and couldn't get on the internet so I haven't gone far looking for Luigi or Christina Luporini. I do know, however, that many of our other realtives came from Lucca too, so the connection continues to the Mecchis, who I have back to Guiseppe Mecchi. I am on my husband's computer now and must get mine fixed before I can spend time on this search, but your hints are most helpful. I will work on re-establishing my internet connection today on my own and then I can get back to work. I am also going through wildfire as Peter suggested for more than I have found on Ancestry. If you or anyone has more ideas, I am open to suggestions. As I said, I am eager to learn. Thank you for all help offerred. Islandgal
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

happy of to help you!
hugs,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH