DePaoli Family History

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
DePaoli

DePaoli Family History

Post by DePaoli »

:D I am working on finding more information about my ancestors the DePaoli family from La Spezia, Varese, Ligure. Here are ancestors that I have been able to trace:

James Melvin DePaoli (b.1907) m. Anna Mae Goward (b.1909)
Giovanni DePaoli (b.1872) m. Anna Maria Dionisia Celle (b.1884)
Giacomo DePaoli (b.1832) m. Rosa Pessagno (b.1839)
Pietro DePaoli (b.1805) m. Geronima Garibaldi (b.1810)

If anyone could pass along more information about my family or Le Spezia, that would be wonderful!

Thank you!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: DePaoli Family History

Post by PeterTimber »

La Spezia is the capital City of the province of La Spezia and besides being a city with its own comune status is also capital of many towns and villages including the town/village of Varese Ligure. Go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in La Spezia and then click on La Spezia and scroll down to midway point where you will find a www for the tourist part of La Spezia. This will give you an indication of that capital city. Next do the same for Varese Ligure (province of La Spezia and after clicking on the Varese Ligure that comes up go half way down to where there is the word MUNICIPIO which has the addresses for the census and vital records departments for the town and to the right should be a www for the tourist part of Varese Ligure.

Depending on what documents or information you need you canwrite directly to the MUNICIPIO as outlines in the following website.
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html for italian language requests.

Further if you read the contents of these several pages of genelaogy you will then be in a posiiton to ask for the information your readings lead you to request from varese Ligure since most records are inthe town of origin such as Births,marraiges and deaths. The following website is as follows: http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... earch.html

If you have any questions just get back to us. =peter=
~Peter~