NEED TRANSLATION HELP!!! LETTER FROM ITALY

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
StarV579
Rookie
Rookie

NEED TRANSLATION HELP!!! LETTER FROM ITALY

Post by StarV579 »

Hello! I was wondering if someone could help me translate this! Its in Italian and its in cursive!!!

Thank you for any help!!!!!!!!!

io sono la figlia di maria emanuel veltre sposata, petrone e mio nonno si ehiamava Giovanni Veltre e mia nonna si chian(n)ava Lisetta Pennisi sposata Veltre. e io sono Emma la figlia che vi risponde, e cio 82 anni pero sto dalla maltina e la notte con (com) loseigino frenche non sopiro bene pero la mia mente e anca lucita cara stella mia madre mi parlova che avevo un frovtello che ero Barliere e si chiv (o)mava Isaio. i miei nonni vivevono a Bagniare e quando sone mortti la portali al eimitero di chianoghe dove lei alritava mia madre la ondava lembe atrovne perche slaon (or svoan, sloon) a pietrelcina.io cara stella vivo com (con) mia fia pero lo E (C)avorono e a me mi sono messo unava donnr. Nella foto che mi ai mundoto il maselio si nasomiglia a mis fratello.

Io initali oristo a un frote che e figlio antonietta chialignio chisa se lo conoscieti. me lo soluti finisco oli (or chi or ovi) scivere e mi vaci Tutti e sono la tua (tra) nimote

emma

please help
!!!!!

thank you again!
star
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: NEED TRANSLATION HELP!!! LETTER FROM ITALY

Post by liviomoreno »

Please post an image of the letter, the transcription is hard to understand...
StarV579
Rookie
Rookie

Post by StarV579 »

I am not sure if I can get it to scan, but I'll try. a picture wouldn't work would it?
StarV579
Rookie
Rookie

Post by StarV579 »

ok so it wouldn't let me post the pictures because it said that the file was too big!
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

use a website like photobucket or something like it where you can upload the file somewhere else and post a link to it here that we can just go to it.
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
StarV579
Rookie
Rookie

Post by StarV579 »

Here are a couple of corrections with this letter. I know its not as good as a pic but I hope it will help!

io sono la figlia di maria emanuel veltre sposata, petrone e mio nonno si

chiamavo Giovanni Veltre e mia nonna si chiamava Lisetta Pennisi sposata

Veltre. e io sono Emma la figlia che vi risponde, e cio 82 anni pero sto

dalla maltina e la notte con loseigino frenche non sopiro fene pero la mia

mente e anca lucita cara stella mia madre mi parlova che avevo un

fratello che ero Barbriere e si chiamavo Isaio. i miei nonni vivevano a

Bagniare e quando sono mortti la portali al cimitero di chianoghe dove lei

abitava mia madre la andava lembe atrovne perche slav a pietrelcina.

io cara stella vivo con mia fia pero lo lavorano e a me mi sono messo

una donna. Nella foto che mi ai mandato il maselio si nasomiglia a mis

fratello.

Io initali oriste a un frote che e figlio antonietta chialignio chisa se lo

conasciete. me lo soluti finisca oli di scivere e mi vaci Tutti e

sono la tra nipote

emma

PLEASE TAKE A LOOK THIS IS BETTER THANKS AGAIN! STAR
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

There are many words that I do not understand and I left them untranslated:

I am the daughter of Maria Emanuel Veltre married Petrone and my grandfather's name was Giovanni Veltre and my grandmother's name was Lisetta Pennisi married Velter. And I am Emma the daughter who is answering to you and I am 82 years old but sto dalla maltina e la notte con loseigino frenche non sopiro fene but my mind is still lucid, dear Stella, my mother used to to say that I had a brother who was a barber and whose name was Isaia. My grandparents lived in Bagniare and when they died they were buried in the cemetery of chianoghe where my mother was living and she we went lembe atrovne because she was in Pietralcina.

Dear Stella, I live with my daughter, and since she is working I have a woman looking after me. In the picture that you sent me il maselio looks like my brother.

Io initali oriste a un frote
who is the son of Antonietta Chialignio, I wonder if you know him.

me lo soluti finisca oli di scivere e mi vaci Tutti e

I am your niece (or granddaughter).

emma
StarV579
Rookie
Rookie

Post by StarV579 »

You are so wonderful to have answered my questions. I have tried and tried to figure out the words. Maybe tomorrow I can have a picture for you of the words in question. Thank you so much again! Star
StarV579
Rookie
Rookie

Post by StarV579 »

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Ok, still hard to interpret ... however I think I got it 99%!

I am the daughter of Maria Emanuel Veltre married Petrone and my grandfather's name was Giovanni Veltre and my grandmother's name was Lisetta Pennisi married Velter. And I am Emma the daughter who is answering to you and I am 82 years old but I live all day using an oxygen bottle because I do not breathe well but my mind is still lucid, dear Stella, my mother used to to say that I had a brother who was a barber and whose name was Isaia. My grandparents lived in Bagnara and when they died they were buried in the cemetery of Chianche where she was living, my mother was always visiting them because she was (lived) in Pietrelcina.

Dear Stella, I live with my daughter, and since she is working I have a woman looking after me. In the picture that you sent me the male looks like my brother.
I initali saw a brother (could be a friar) who is the son of Antonietta Chialignio, I wonder if you know him,

greet him, I stop writing and kiss to all

I am your niece (or granddaughter, nipote stands for both).

emma
StarV579
Rookie
Rookie

Post by StarV579 »

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUGS AND KISSES TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel terrible because I am so new at this and do not have much to contribute to the group right now.

I just so appreciate your help. It means more to me than you will know!!!!!!

thank you!

star