Help finding microfilm for Corleto please

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gennattasio
Veteran
Veteran

Help finding microfilm for Corleto please

Post by gennattasio »

I need to research some family from Corleto Monforte, Salerno, Campania and I'm not finding any microfilm in the LDS catalog for this town. Any suggestions?
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Help finding microfilm for Corleto please

Post by Italysearcher »

Write to the State Archives in Salerno. Looks like the LDS didn't get permission to microfilm their records.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Depending on what information you want you may only have to request specific documents from Corleto Monforte. Try sending an e-mail to
info@comune.corletomonforte.sa.it and ask if there civil records are intact and what documents are you seeking in Italian language

Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html for form letters. =Peter=
~Peter~
gennattasio
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gennattasio »

I thought perhaps their docs could be mixed in with another town. I've been checking the film notes on the nearest towns and haven't found anything yet.
Thanks for the email address Peter. I need birth, marriage and death recs for a lot of people. I wanted to put together a tree for my 94 year old aunt as a surprise birthday gift. If I start sending for docs from the town it won't be a surprise anymore. My family knows everyone in that town and still has family and friends there that they visit frequently.
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Unfortunately most of the province of Salerno and some of Napoli have not been microfilmed. I don't know why. I had the same problem.