Translation of an email I got from a relative in italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Translation of an email I got from a relative in italy

Post by ChrisMosca »

I've sent out 8 letters to possible relatives in treia and I got this email today, I' really excited and nervous at the same time, I would use an online translator to get the idea of it but if anyone could do a better translation i would appreciated very much. Thanks everybody here!!!!!
sorry its a long email. Actually I got 2 emails from different people in treia
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Translation of an email I got from a relative in italy

Post by elba »

A little patience and I'll do it for you - OK?

Back soon....
elba
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

yes thank you very much, please take your time.
thank you, thank you!!!
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

Here's the first one

elba

Translation:

E Mail No.1

Hello Christopher, I am Annarella Mosca, daughter of Gildo, my family and I were pleasantly surprised to receive your letter and to discover that we have a relative overseas.

With the help of my father Gildo, born in Treia in 11921, I will write some news about our families.

Of Marianna Mosca my father say he remembers nothing, he says to never have known her and the same for your great grandfather Cesare, he remembers nothing because in 1929 (the year that Cesare emigrated to Argentina) he was just a little boy of about 7.

Emidio had two sons: Giuseppe, of whom we have no news and Tulio who has always lived in Treia and who had a son, Franco (he died in a car accident years ago) who in his turn had three children still living in Treia.

Luigi (my great grandfather) lived to be 97 and had 4 children: Dante, Maria, Ida and Pietro.

Maria, Ida and Pietro in their turn had some children, but they are all actually dead with the exception of of Silvano, son of Pietro, who lives in Porto Potenza Picena.

My grandfather Dante had 5 children: Ilda, Ildo, Gildo, Lodi and Dalma.

They are all alive and living in Treia Gildo, my father who lives with me and my family and Dalma who lives with her son Alberto.
Our uncle Lodi however, lives in Roseto degli Abruzzi and has two children, Tania and Sabrina.

It would be nice to stay in contact and, why not, maybe one day we could opossibly all meet.

For now best wishes from the heart of all the Mosca, all of whom I read your letter to an in the hope of hearing from you soon

elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

Here's No2.
Quite exciting if I do say so myself...

elba

Translation

Email 2

Hi Christopher
My name is Alberto Mosca and I'm the son of Dalma Mosca, sister of Ildo Mosca.
I'll explain that the principle addressee of your letter, that is my uncle Ildo Mosco unfortunately left us in August last year.

Nevertheless a copy of your letter is in the hands of several Mosca, my family here in Treia, who, reading the name of your great grandfather and of your brothers, by the rules of logic, can see certain family links with you.

However, being a Municipal Police Officer here in Treia, let me tell you that I have already been in contact with a friend of mine who works in the local Anagrafe Office, who, for the second half of March will be available to me with the aim of carrying out a certosa (religious) search in the Comune archives.
Said research will be long and difficult, but not impossible.

Now I will say goodbye sending my best regards, and as soon as I have a true view of our family branches I will, without doubt, let you know, by doing so we will effectively understand if there is a parental link between us.
Signed (firmato) Alberto Mosca
(to make things easier, even if you have to see, my e-mail address is: moscalberto @ alice.it

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

That's so awesome!! :lol:
Chris is going to be very excited!!
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

Wow!!!!!!!! this is wonderfull, thank you Elba you are wonderful. they are both related which is a good sign, at first I tought they were two different Mosca's families. I'm super excited, i just wished I would've sent these letters a long time ago, my dad is going to be super excited. Next step... a trip to Italy!!!!
thank you!!!!
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

I have a third email from the same family telling me more news if someone could translate for me, this is really exciting wow!!!!
Ciao Christopher,
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

Doing it now for you - OK?

Back soon....
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

I am Luigi Fiorani, son of Ilda Mosca, born in Treia in 1915 and died July 31 2007.
My mother was the daughter of Dante Mosca, son of Luigi Mosca.
I am 63 years old and I had a sister who was born i 1937 and died in 1953.
Your letter has pleasantly excited all the memebers of the Mosca family in Treia. As you can see, you thought that you had no relatives left in Treia adn in reality we are a crowd!
My cousin Alberto Mosca, son of Dalma Mosca, my mother's sister, works for the municipality in Treia and is investigating the timeframe when Salvatore and his wife Teresa Fortini arrived in Treia.
We have seen where you live, using Google Earth and I understand that you are close to the BC Place Stadium… it appears to be a wonderful place... I also congratulate you for your Italian that is pretty good.
I really hope to meet you in the future and to receive further news from you.
A fraternal hug.

PS we are also trying to rebuild the genealogical tree... we'll let you know soon.
Eleven
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Eleven »

Wow...this is fantastic. They all want to be in on it...and to think, we would think people there, wouldnt be interested in people here.

I like how he thinks you have a good grasp of the italian language..I hope he doesnt find this forum...lol Kidding, of course. My Italian stinks..and if I ever got letters, I would be right here, too..looking for translations.

Congrats on this!!
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

elba wrote:Doing it now for you - OK?

Back soon....
Sorry, I did not see your post! :oops:
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

LOL about your comment of the italian language, I know I had to respond to them saying that I had help with the letters I've sent. Thanks Livio for the translation and thanks again Elba for everything that you've done, this is truly amazing!!!!
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

liviomoreno wrote:
elba wrote:Doing it now for you - OK?

Back soon....
Sorry, I did not see your post! :oops:
Yeah - OK!!!! :(
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

I have a new email to translate, i get the the main idea but its always nice to read a proper translation. thanks again!!!!! I'm going to have to start paying people here to translate.
Alla c.a. Sig. Christopher Mosca