looking for family info on sorbara

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gingerg614

looking for family info on sorbara

Post by gingerg614 »

am looking on any info about a few of my family members that were from sicily italy,tapani area and alcomo area. their names were angelo sorbara born 1916,vincenzo sorbara born 1889,mrs mary francis bomnanito born 1900,raphael sorbara born 1883,and sam sorbara born unknown would apreciate any help
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: looking for family info on sorbara

Post by PeterTimber »

Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html for form letters in Italian for documents which are found in the town of origin and in the provincial capital of Trapani and noweher else and the first request should go thru the town of origin in the province of Trapani.

Should you want to acquaint yoruself with doing your own Italian Genealogy Research and learn about what is inviolved and what questions to ask us then go to this other website as well.
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... earch.html

=Peter=
~Peter~
ssorbara

Post by ssorbara »

My name is Stephen Sorbara
Angelo Sorbara born 1916 near Alcamo in Provincia di Trapani is my Grandfather. He moved to the US when he was either 4 or 6 years old. He married Eleanora Palagonia (still living). I believe Rafael (Ralph) and Sam were both uncles and moved to either Virginia or West Virgina. My grandfather died in 1989. Angelos mother was named Gebbia. I believe that was the last name but not certain, perhaps Mary was the first name and I believe he had a half sister named Jenny LoRusso who may still be living. The immediate family all stayed in the NY NJ area however there are some relatives that moved to West Virginia early on.
GS4UVA

Post by GS4UVA »

STEPHEN

I AM GEORGE SORBARA SON OOF RAFEAL SORBARA OF STAUNTON VA, SAM WAS MY UNCLE

MY EMAIL IS gsbs049@gmail.com