Looking for Tricaricos from San Mauro Forte

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Reachingback

Looking for Tricaricos from San Mauro Forte

Post by Reachingback »

Hello!

I'm researching my husband's family and am looking for info on Tricaricos in San Mauro Forte.

My husband's ggfather was Nicola Tricarico (the one born there 2/16/1867). His siblings were Maria (Anna?), Rosaria, Maria Concetta and Josephine. Nicola, his sister Concetta, their children and some of their nephews ended up in Bristol, CT. Nicola also went by the name of Nicholas Trigger once in the US.

I'm trying to find out Nicola's parents' names. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Connie

P.S. If anyone needs the birth certificate for a Nicola Tricarico born on 10/29/1876, I have a copy!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Looking for Tricaricos from San Mauro Forte

Post by PeterTimber »

Simply request a copy of his Birth record=estratto di nascita for the names of his parents. Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html and mail them to the Ufficio di Stato Civile whose address canbe located at www.nonsolocap.it and put in San Mauro Forte, click Cerca and click once again right onthe town name itself whenit comes up and then on the town website sroll down to MUNICIPIO for the address.

There also might be a www tot he far right for a toruist section of the town. =Peter=
~Peter~
Reachingback

Post by Reachingback »

Thanks Peter! I was able to follow your directions to find the San Mauro Forte website but the angelfire link didn't work. Can you post that again?

Thanks!

Connie
Reachingback

Post by Reachingback »

Nevermind! I found a way to make the link work.

Connie
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

sorrry about the typo. I left out the last letter on the url and hence the confusion. Its fixed for all to use. =Peter=
~Peter~
heggar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by heggar »

Dear Reachingback;
I wish I had seen your posts earlier! We might have a family connection through Nicola Tricarico, born 2/16/1867 in San Mauro Forte. You mentioned he had siblings Rosaria, Maria (Anna?), Maria Concetta & Josephine. I have a Rosaria Tricarico in my family tree, born December 28th, 1870 in San Mauro Forte, who could be the same Rosaria you spoke of. Also, several people in my family ended up in Bristol, CT just like your family!

I know this is an old post. If you are still looking for more info on Nicola’s parents, I may be able to help. I have a marriage certificate for Rosaria Tricarico’s parents, so if we can establish that Rosaria & Nicola were definitely siblings, then we have a match. You also mentioned that you have a birth certificate for Nicola? Please contact me! I would love to compare the information we have and possibly connect more families!
maple62
Rookie
Rookie

Post by maple62 »

Dear Heggar,

The Rosaria Tricarico in your tree (born 28 Dec 1870) is my great grandmother! If her parents that you have a marriage certificate for, are Michele Tricarico and Clemenzia Lacovara, then this is definitely my lineage.

I hope to hear back from you.

Kind regards,

Michael