ITALIAN AMERICAN TRADITIONS WEB PAGE

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
nursino

ITALIAN AMERICAN TRADITIONS WEB PAGE

Post by nursino »

Hello Friends,

I have just Registered a New Web Page which will include anything and everything about Italian and Italian American Traditions and Folklore. I am just now starting to construct the Web Page so it is only in it's early stages. I have started by putting together information from my Own Family both here and in in Italy and also Traditions from other Family Members, Neighbors (I live in South Philly so there are quite a few Different Italian American Traditions right in my own neighborhood), and other Italian American Friends. What I would really like is to have some stories from many others both here in the U.S. and in Italy; or actually anywhere in the world where Italian Traditions and Folklore exist. So please, if you have a few minutes, please e-mail any stories or experiences that you have had with Italian American or Italian Traditions. This would include Holidays, Births, Marriages, Deaths or Funerals, Folklore, Italian Feasts and Festivals, Food and Recipes, or anything else that you might want to share that would help in making this Website a Fun Place to Visit once it is up and running. If you have anything that you would like to share for this Website, please e-mail your Story along with your Name and the Town or Region of Italy that your Family comes from. Once the Website is ready to launch, I'll send you an e-mail to let you know that it is up and running. Please send all e-mails to:

nursino@italianamericantraditions.com

Thanks in Advance, hope to have a Fun Website to Visit Soon!

Saluti da South Philly,
John Monzo
misbris
Master
Master

Re: ITALIAN AMERICAN TRADITIONS WEB PAGE

Post by misbris »

Dear John,

Sounds like a wonderful project. Good luck and keep us informed about your progress.
nursino

Post by nursino »

Hi,

Thanks for your Well Wishes, I will definitely keep in touch to let everyone know how things are going.

Thanks Again!!
nursino

Re: ITALIAN AMERICAN TRADITIONS WEB PAGE E-MAIL ADDRESS

Post by nursino »

Hello Again,

Sory for any confusion with my e-mail address. For some reason even though I have typed it without any spaces, when the message is posted it shows spaces between : nursino and @ and between @ and italianamericantraditions.com. I tried to edit it and it still comes up the same way. Please keep in mind that there are no spaces in the e-mail address.

Sorry Again for any confusion!!
francescovitelli

Post by francescovitelli »

Hello John,

I have googled your name for my father who is interested in
knowning about possible relatives in america.
The person he wants to contact is John Monzo who is the newphew of
his grandfather's sister. My great grand father's name is
Antonio Vitelli. Are you the same person?

cheers

francesco vitelli
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Francesco tell your father to go to www.numberway.com and just insert the name John Monzo and nothing else if he does not know or is not sure of where he lived inthe USA. There are about 15 JOHN MONZA and if this gentlemen above is not the relative then he can look for the others in the website for the entire USA. =Peter=
~Peter~
francescovitelli

Post by francescovitelli »

Hello Peter

I have sent an email to john monzo who has left the following email address on this web site: nursino@italianamericantraditions.com.
However, none of the emails have reached that address. Has the
address changed?

cheers

francesco vitelli
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Francesco if you go above to earlier posting here from Nursino you will find that he has problems with his e-mail address and that must be your problem in frowarding an e-mail. =Peter=
~Peter~
Oberto

Post by Oberto »

It's important that we try and preserve as many of these old traditions as possible.