MIANO's from Reggio Calabria

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
drmiano

MIANO's from Reggio Calabria

Post by drmiano »

I am looking for information on the Miano family in Reggio Calabria.

My great grandfather Angelo Miano was born in Rizziconi in 1886. His father Pietro was born in the nearby town of Drosi in 1867.

I know that Pietro was married to Rosaria Giacco. He may have had a brother named Salvatore and a sister named Carmela.
ZDPerry

Re: MIANO's from Reggio Calabria

Post by ZDPerry »

David,

My name on here is ZDPerry, and my wife is a Miano. I have positively tracked her Miano ancestry back to Milazzo in the same general vicinity as Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto. Recent searchs through the LDS microfilms indicate that very few Mianos lived in Milazzo. The one older Miano that could be my wife's ancestor (Rosario Miano circa 1813-1880) was indicated on his Death Certificate in Milazzo to be originally from Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto.

I have viewed your website and I am very impressed with your research. I would like to team up with you as I am now reviewing the Miano documents from Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto on the LDS microfilms -- and I know that you have reviewed those same microfilms. I believe there is a good chance that we might be working on the same Miano family.

Have you ever had a Y-DNA test performed? My brother-in-law, who is also named David Miano, might be willing to participate and I think it could benefit us to have you tested as well. If you are from the same Miano ancestor your DNA results should match.

Please send me back a message here and we can figure out how to contact one another to collaborate on our research.

Sincerely,
Zane
drmiano

Post by drmiano »

Hi Zane,

Feel free to contact me at drmiano@yahoo.com

David
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Please feel free to post a link to your websites either as part of your signature or on your profile. Many members here (including myself) as always interested in looking at websites..and what a better way to make contact with possible relatives?

:)
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
drmiano

Post by drmiano »

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

David what a great tribute to your family. Wonderful job and I love all of the maps during the different time periods.

Well done.

Elizabeth
ZDPerry

Post by ZDPerry »

I agree. David has done a WONDERFUL job as his website is very well documented, easy to read, interesting to view, and very logical. GOOD JOB, David!!

David and I have been in correspondence as we hope to tie his Miano family with my wife's Miano family as they both were from the Province of Messina at the same time in history. Thanks, David.

ZDPerry
drmiano

Post by drmiano »

Wow, Elizabeth--I just took a look at the work you did for Brognaturo. Amazing! That must have taken you forever.
ZDPerry

Post by ZDPerry »

WOW is correct! I think the descendants of Brognaturo will be greatly indebted to you for ages to come, Elizabeth, as you have not only indexed these records, but you have also made copies of all the originals available on-line.

Truly outstanding -- and beautifully organized as well. I am impressed, to say the least.

ZDPerry
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

David and ZD

I'm still working on the records and it's taken quite a bit of time but I'm going to keep going until I finish.

The full website is www.catanzaroexchange.com and belongs to another forum member (Cathynap). I'm also working on records for Spadola (just started) and will be doing records for Simbario also.

Thanks so much for the nice compliments.
Elizabeth