going to canicitti in october

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
pajeroman

going to canicitti in october

Post by pajeroman »

I am going with my father to visit some friends from his childhood and some cousins in canicitti. Does anyone know of anyone i can contact in canicitti that would help me trace my family tree , i am only in canicitti for one week so time is short dont mind if i have to pay for this .Thanks all :D
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: going to canicitti in october

Post by liviomoreno »

Are you sure about the spelling of canicitti? There is no place in Italy with this name.
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

Could it perhaps be Canicatti in Agrigento do you think?

Click Here> >Canicatti AG<

If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
pajeroman

Post by pajeroman »

thankyou for your reply yes i did spell canicatti wrong still looking for some help for when i go with my father to canicatti in october :lol:
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in Canicatti and click cerca and then click directly on Canicatti and a webpage for the town will come up with a map and information about the town. The office you are seeking is the civil registry office (Ufficio di Stato Civile) in Canicatti. The address is found right under the MUNICIPIO (City Hall) and provided you can speak and understand Italian the clerks in that office may be able to assist you directly. I daresay there may be a clerk or two who speaks english to some extent. You can always use your discretion on tipping someone who may have extended themselves to you. =Peter=
~Peter~
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

If you are going to visit friends and family,why not ask one of them to arrange an appointment for you. Perhaps they will offer to help, or at least pave the way for you. :wink: