Concetta Forgione Gesualdo, Rocca San Felice

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ForgioneRSF

Concetta Forgione Gesualdo, Rocca San Felice

Post by ForgioneRSF »

I am in search of any information re: Concetta Forgione. She was adopted by Lorenzo and Madeline Forgione. Ellis Island lists her town of origin as Gesualdo. Also, Ellis island record states her name was Guiseppa but it was not. This town does not match family information that she was born and lived in Rocca San Felice. Although it is in close proximity.
Concetta was one of many children all of which were adopted. The others Rocco Ceretto, Rocco Carpino, Luis Spino, Patsy Fiore (sp?), Gertrude Fasano, Tinellia Marr.
Concetta (my grandmother) came to the US at about 13yrs old, she settled in Clyde NY and married my grandfather Joseph Dapolito.
I find it especially interesting that she had a close relationship throughout her life with her natural born siblings (several) who also lived in upstate NY. This is a clue to me that the adoptions may have been with relatives of the family?
My GGM had a sister and both women had children (all of which, I believe were adopted out) with a man called don Gaetano. According to the family story, my grandmother knew him as a young girl and he was a wealthy landowner/landlord.
Any information is much appreciated.
Sincerely,
Nancy
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Concetta Forgione Gesualdo, Rocca San Felice

Post by PeterTimber »

Nancy you give us no dates of birth,no dates of arrival, no dates of death which makes it very difficult to locate information. What information do you have about her birth in Italy. from oral family hisotry or do you have some papers?? Please be more specific and just what is the information you are seeking??? =Peter=
~Peter~
ForgioneRSF

Post by ForgioneRSF »

Peter, Thank you for your reply.
My GM is listed in the 1905 census as Jennie Forgione (she actually was called Jennie) as being born abt. 1889.
Guiseppa Forgione arrived in 1901, Torrello di Lomb. age 11, born abt. 1890.
I believe these are both for my GM. Lorenzo Forgione (adopted father) was listed as being from Drellino (must be a typo for Avellino) arrived 1901 born abt 1857
All of GM siblings are found on Ellis Island, and from various towns in the area. They did arrive different years, and settled in the Clyde area.
As for GM life in Italy, I know nothing with exception of family stories all of life in Rocca San Felice.
The name of my GM father is told as don Gaetano deSimone. As of yet this is not confirmed.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Do you want documents for these people?? Birth certificates, marriage certificates???? You do not state what you want to know.
If you wish to write and find documents from Italy I am sending you a website for you to copy formletters in Italian langiage and sedn them to each of the towns you are uinterested in finding documents. They are free of charge so all you need is to mail them tothe address. go to the following website http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html

To find the address of each of the towns you want to write to go to
www.nonsolocap.it and then type in the town and click CERCA when the town name appears click on that town name and a website will appear. scroll down to where it says MUNICIPIO for the address of the Ufficio di Stato Civile. =Peter=
~Peter~
ForgioneRSF

Post by ForgioneRSF »

Peter,
Thank you for the direction.
I shall be in search of birth and adoption records for each of the siblings, with each locality, as you have suggested.
Sincerely,
Nancy
richp49

Post by richp49 »

Hi Nancy, I may not be able to help with yours, but you are refering to a part of my moms side of family that I dead-ended with her parents, ie. I know her parents . Leon Spino ( orphan "of" church in Rocca San Felicia) and Donatella (Anna) Santoli. I remember the Dapolitos and the house on the corner. I was between 5-10 yrs old for my memories (1957-1961) . I found Anna's arrival on the Victory I believe 1903, I never have found record of Leons, but I know he had a brother (Luis you mention maybe?), and I thought they were sponsered over in that group you mention? I know that gramma (Anna) wasn't the girl he sent back for, she came instead. Any hints or tips on how to go back more would be helpful, I got quit a bit done on my dads side, but mom's ended with them here in USA.
If you happen to stumble on any info for them in Italy that would be cool.
If you grandfather was Joe, then you probably knew my mom Elizabeth, and her sibilings Leon, John, Josie, Jane. I played with alot of the kids around there, the only name I can remember is Petey, Desanto ? maybe?[
try to attach my genealogy page..would like to fill Mom's side http://dredger49.tribalpages.com/?useri ... 49&x=8&y=7
ForgioneRSF

Post by ForgioneRSF »

Wow! Finally a familiar connection! Yes, I am Joe's and Jennie's grand daughter (Concetta). Grew up on the corner as you say! I lived with my grandparents from about age six. Ah, yes the days of "Windy Hill"
Please email me themssprite@aol.com
I do have some verified information, and am reviewing microfilms from Rocca San Felice currently.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Best,
Nancy
ATForgione

Post by ATForgione »

WOW-I have been working my my family tree for years and have never really figure out how this Concetta Forgioen is related to me. She come from the same village as my great-grandfather. My grandfather always told me that if someone from Gesualdo had the same last name as Forgione that they were related to us somehow. If you could help me in any way i would be a great help
anthony forgione
ForgioneRSF

Post by ForgioneRSF »

Hello,
Please tell me the family info that you have. You may email me privately. My grandmother was adopted by the Forgione family, however I do have lots of information on the Forgiones from RS Felice.
Best,
Nancy
ATForgione

Post by ATForgione »

My grandfather was born in Gesualdo Italy. His name was Antonio, and his brother and sisters were, James,Anna,Vincenzo. He parents names were Nicola and Columbia. My GF came to the usa with his father in 1902 or 1904 i cant remember. The Rest of the family came in 1911. I know that one of my GF sister were apoted, but i cant remeber her name. My GF family used to raise horses for the Italian Army. My GF Came though Ellis Island as a young boy(I think 14 or 15), and something happend to his father on the boat over here, and he went back to Italy, and came with his brother Vincent in 1904. We dont know what happend to grandpa's father because he never talked bout it. when we came the second time, they settled in Walkins Glen, and then came to Rochester in the late teens. Have any more questions, or information please let me know. thanks
ForgioneRSF

Post by ForgioneRSF »

Hi Anthony,
My Forgione's are from Rocca San Felice. Settled in Cyde, NY
Lorenzo and Maddalena. Children: Joseph (G Antonio), Concetta (my GM), Peter (Pietro), Francesco (Frank) Jennie (Carmella Maria Vincenzo), and Flora (Felicita).
Lorenzo had two brothers (Frank and Peter) and three sisters (Filomenia, Anna, and Flora).
I am currently reviewing microfilms for the RSF area, if there are any specific look ups you need just let me know.
I am not quite sure how these families are connected but no doubt there is a connection.
Best,
Nancy
Please email me themssprite@aol.com
TTForgione

Post by TTForgione »

My last name is Forgione by marriage. I was looking up to see if there is any others with my same name and my husband and I came across your posts. My husband is related to Vincenzo Forgione from Gesualdo, Italy. We also know we are related to the Forginoe's who raised horses for the Italian Army. My brother-in-law has been researching our family tree and knows more. We live in the Rochester area and must be related.
ATForgione

Post by ATForgione »

OMG-your talking bout my life. Vincenzo was my grandfathers brother in-law. I am also in rochester. Our family used to raise horse for the Italian Army. what is your name. You can email me at svoman19@juno.com. I been working on the Forgione family for years now, and have a lot of information
forgionedescendant

Post by forgionedescendant »

Hello,
My Great-Grandmother was Flora Forgione. I confirmed the other family members you inquired about from an uncle that knows a lot of our family history. Flora did immigrate here from Rocca San Felice in Clyde New York and all of her family is still here (in clyde ny). Grandma Flora passed away in 1991 and 8 months later, her son (my grandfather) Richard Petrus (Petruso) passed away. I am looking for any information that you may have in regards to my grandmother and her family. It was so weird and ironic how I found your post...I was looking online to see pictures and find information about Rocco San Felice because I heard so much about it growing up knowing it was where my family originated. A link brought me to this website and I was completely surprised to find that the chat was about my grandmother and her family! please respond?
Thanks so much & I hope to hear from you soon!
ForgioneRSF

Post by ForgioneRSF »

Flora Forgione (Petrus) was my great Aunt. Feel free to email me directly.
Nancy