torre del greco, naples, italy

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
girty
Veteran
Veteran

torre del greco, naples, italy

Post by girty »

I'm not sure what to do. For 3 years now I have been trying to get info from Torre del greco. I have sent 3 request. I used all the right forms, sent money and still nothing. I sent the last one out about 6 months ago, and nothing yet. Anyone have any ideas what I should do?
I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.
tonij16102
Veteran
Veteran

Re: torre del greco, naples, italy

Post by tonij16102 »

girty wrote:I'm not sure what to do. For 3 years now I have been trying to get info from Torre del greco. I have sent 3 request. I used all the right forms, sent money and still nothing. I sent the last one out about 6 months ago, and nothing yet. Anyone have any ideas what I should do?
Are you writing to the village offices and making your requests through them? I have had the same problem in the village where my grandfather comes in and actually a cousin of mine works in the municipo office there and I still can't get anything unless I physically go to the office there. I write to the Archive Office in Caserta and do get results from them. Maybe you could write there also here is the e-mail address I write and make the request and in a few days I get a response either way as if they have it or not. Hope this helps

asce@archivi.beniculturali.it

Toni
aliza24
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aliza24 »

What time period are we talking about here?

Depending on the time period and type of record you're looking for there may be a way to circumvent records office since they don't seem to keen on replying.

Aliza
tonij16102
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tonij16102 »

aliza24 wrote:What time period are we talking about here?
The e-mail address that I posted for you is going back to 1836 for a birth record that I will be able to get from this office. But the Marriage Record that happened in 1858 I was told that I could write to the municipio office in Camigliano which I already know I will not get a response to.

Depending on the time period and type of record you're looking for there may be a way to circumvent records office since they don't seem to keen on replying.

Aliza
But yes sadly you are right they aren't keen on responding to mail requests. Have you tried the Mormon History Centers?

Toni
girty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by girty »

I'm looking the years around 1865 til about 1906. The mormons do have some records for Torre Del Greco, but they start in 1905 or so..to late for me. Unfortunately mail is the only way to communicate with them. I'm at a loss right now.
I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

There should be dupliocates at the provincial level at Archivio di Stato di Napoli. The e-mail address is as-na@beniculturali.it =Peter=
~Peter~
Jaclyndagostino
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Jaclyndagostino »

I am having the exact same problem! I was told to try Torre Annunziata for records prior to 1900 and that was not successful. I called my local Family Search Center and they did not know why Torre del Greco has no records prior to 1900. I’ve searched through every record from Torre del Greco that I could find as well for my family member’s names, flipping through 1000’s of records until I was bleary-eyed.

Does anyone have some any suggestions?
Jaclyndagostino
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Jaclyndagostino »

I’ve also written Torre del Greco many times and have never received a response. :(

Attempts to contact the Archivo di stato di Napoli have been unsuccessful to.

My family from Torre del Greco were accomplished artists, they are fascinating and my only records are post immigration to the US.

Ancestry.com has not been helpful, I have more info than those I’ve been fortunate to connect with.
EllenCatusco
Elite
Elite

Post by EllenCatusco »

Me too. I've also written to them, never any reply