What happened to my Civil Registration records?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
EricRJones

What happened to my Civil Registration records?

Post by EricRJones »

For several years, I've been using the Civil Registration records for Faenza Italy through my Family History Center. Now, suddenly, they no longer appear in the Family History Library catalog! Wehn I contacted the library, the person I corresponded with claimed that Civil Registration records weren't available for Faenza. I know I'm not crazy because I have a print out of the library records back from when they did appear in the catalog (and I was regularly ordering them). I emailed a PDF of my print out to the person at the Family History Library I was emailing. After that our correspondence stopped and I never heard anything back.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? It's very strange. I regret not keeping the films permamently now!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: What happened to my Civil Registration records?

Post by PeterTimber »

call the Mormon church european desk at 801-240-2331....I suspect that your idea of keeping the films was behind someone else who had the same idea! =Peter=
~Peter~
EricRJones

Post by EricRJones »

When the films are on permament loan, they are taken out of circulation for all the other Family History Centers? I expected that the main library would provide a copy of the film to the library for permament loan and keep a master so that copies could be loaned to other Family History Centers. Makes me wonder how many other Civil Registration films that I might want are on permament loan somewhere.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Your close enough to NY to open your mouth when calling them in Utah. =Peter=
~Peter~
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

EricRJones wrote:When the films are on permament loan, they are taken out of circulation for all the other Family History Centers? I expected that the main library would provide a copy of the film to the library for permament loan and keep a master so that copies could be loaned to other Family History Centers. Makes me wonder how many other Civil Registration films that I might want are on permament loan somewhere.
No they are merely copies, the master is in Salt Lake. There can be numerous copies of a particular film on permanent loan at different centers around the world.

Oh and as a side note, I am from Southwick MA, right next to Granby.