suggestions for initiating contact in italian
suggestions for initiating contact in italian
My grandparents emigrated to the US almost 100 years ago. I do not know if I have any relatives who may still live in Italy, but I would love to find out. I have found a few people with the same surname who live in small villages in and near my grandparents' former residence in Calabria. Unfortunately, I do not speak or write in Italian. Do you have any suggestions on how I might initiate contact with these individuals to see if we could be related? Thank you for your help!
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: suggestions for initiating contact in italian
This i a very good sample of letter to be sent to potential relatives:
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... etter.html
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... etter.html
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: suggestions for initiating contact in italian
It might be a good idea to enclose a self addressed return envelope with a dollar for stamps as a gesture of good will. =Peter=
~Peter~
Re: suggestions for initiating contact in italian
Thank you both very much!! I'm anxious to give it a try....
