family search

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
naysie5056

family search

Post by naysie5056 »

I am new at this. My family name is Pettrone and my grandfather was from Pignataro Maggiore. There are many Pettrone's in the white pages there. How do I start researching who I may be related to?
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Re: family search

Post by JohnArmellino »

The civil records for the comune of Pignataro Maggiore are available on microfilm from the Church of Latter Day Saints. Go to www.familysearch.com and follow the links to Library>LibraryCatalog>PlaceSearch and then type in Pignataro Maggiore. The records appear to be quite extensive, including birth, marriage, death, processetti, allegati, pubblicazioni, and diversi from 1809-1929. They films can be rented and viewed at Family History Centers. You can find the one closest to you at the above website. You should be able to find your ancestors in these records. Once you constructed your family tree, you should be able to find present-day cousins.
John Armellino
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: family search

Post by wldspirit »

Another option is to send out potential relative letters. We had one of our members end up in the local news....seems everyone in the town of origin took quite an interest in her search for relatives, even going so far as to research some of her family history there!!!

Letter

Check out the link to the thread regarding this members results:

Thread

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."