Help with translation of birth certificate

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Help with translation of birth certificate

Post by ChrisMosca »

I noticed that for the civil registry of Treia at the end of each year they would have some births that were completely hand written, I don't know why that is but i found a relative of mine, but what is also confusing is that it was at the end of the 1907 year but from what I was able to read it seems like he was born in 1896??? also his parents did not get married untill 1907 but they had many children before they got married. here is the birth in two parts, as much as it could be translated would be awesome, thanks again everybody for all the help!!!!

part1

Part 2
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Re: Help with translation of birth certificate

Post by JohnArmellino »

In many towns, there is a Parte II to the birth records. These records are often handwritten. Although I haven't been able to determine exactly why records are included in Parte II, I have noticed that the birth records of proietti, births to local families while away from the town, births not previously recorded, and births to families from other towns are often among these records. In this case, it appears that the birth occurred away from Treia and was not recorded at that time. In addition, the parents were not married and mother is not named.

The record is dated 07 DEC 1907 and refers to a record from the comune of Macerata (Numero 597, dated 05 DEC 1907). In that record Emidio Mosca, age 40, domiciled in Treia, appeared before the town official of Macerata and stated that a child was born on 09 JAN 1896 of a union between himself and an unnamed woman. They were not married. The name of the child was Guido Mosca. you might want to check the records of Macerata to see if that record includes any additional information.

The marginalia to this record states that Guido Mosca was the legitimate son of Emidio Mosca and Maria Domenicucci (I think that's the spelling), who were married on 23 DEC 1907. Perhaps the impending marriage was the reason the birth was finally recorded. Children could be legitimized at a later marriage between the parents, but I imagine a birth record would have helped!
John Armellino
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

Thanks John!!!!!!! it makes more sense now, its funny because they had like 4 children before they got married in 1907.
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

ChrisMosca wrote:Thanks John!!!!!!! it makes more sense now, its funny because they had like 4 children before they got married in 1907.
Maybe, prior to 1907, they were married only at the Church. You may check with the parish.
maripas

Post by maripas »

Solicito información sobre Pedro Farabolini y María Sensini, de la zona de Macerata, aproximadamente 1880.
Solicito también información sobre Constantino Gabarini o Gabbarini y Rosa Felice, de la misma época
JAQUELINEGABB

Post by JAQUELINEGABB »

Hola! buenas noches! estoy por lo mismo, quiero empezar a hacer la ciudadania Italina y necesito el acta de nacimiento de mi bisabuelo el Sr. Cesar Gabbarini, nacido en Macerata el 8 de enero de 1893, hijo de Constantino Gabbarini y Rosa Felice.