Ellis Island Picture Posting
- Romano1970
- Master

- Posts: 502
- Joined: 30 Apr 2008, 00:54
- Location: Colorado
Ellis Island Picture Posting
Hello. Here is a link to pictures I took at Ellis Island. Some are of area where patrons are not allowed to go.
Enjoy
http://img412.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=3 ... museum.jpg
Enjoy
http://img412.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=3 ... museum.jpg
Michael Romano
Chi va piano va sano e va lontano
Those who go slowly, go safely and go far
Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
Chi va piano va sano e va lontano
Those who go slowly, go safely and go far
Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
- Romano1970
- Master

- Posts: 502
- Joined: 30 Apr 2008, 00:54
- Location: Colorado
Re: Ellis Island Picture Posting
It also has pictures of the train station near by where a good deal of Immigrants took to get to where they were going.
Michael Romano
Chi va piano va sano e va lontano
Those who go slowly, go safely and go far
Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
Chi va piano va sano e va lontano
Those who go slowly, go safely and go far
Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
Re: Ellis Island Picture Posting
Thank you Michael
Your pictures are wonderful!
Valarie
Your pictures are wonderful!
Valarie
- Romano1970
- Master

- Posts: 502
- Joined: 30 Apr 2008, 00:54
- Location: Colorado
Re: Ellis Island Picture Posting
My Pleasure Valarie.
Michael Romano
Chi va piano va sano e va lontano
Those who go slowly, go safely and go far
Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
Chi va piano va sano e va lontano
Those who go slowly, go safely and go far
Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
- ItalianLori
- Rookie

- Posts: 35
- Joined: 26 Nov 2006, 00:00
- Location: Virginia Beach, VA , USA
Re: Ellis Island Picture Posting
Thanks so much for the great photos. I lived in the city all of my life but never got to Ellis Island. My son went in 3rd grade with his class but I couldn't go. A must for this Summer! Thanks again. Makes you proud of all of those who endured the indignities and humiliations in order to become Americans.
Lori
Lori
- ChrisMosca
- Elite

- Posts: 390
- Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 14:13
Re: Ellis Island Picture Posting
great pictures!!!!! thanks michael!!!!
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
Re: Ellis Island Picture Posting
Great pictures, Michael! Thanks for sharing. I'll be visiting the Big Apple this weekend with my husband, and Ellis Island is on our must-see list! I've found two ship manifests on my MGGF already, and I'm hoping to locate the manifest for my MGGM. 
- Romano1970
- Master

- Posts: 502
- Joined: 30 Apr 2008, 00:54
- Location: Colorado
Re: Ellis Island Picture Posting
Thank you all for the responses. I usually go to ellis at least three times per month. My Father in Law is the site manager for both liberty and Ellis Islands. I have been able to see areas of the island that are off limits to the public. I have to say that sometimes those are the more interesting parts for me.
Michael Romano
Chi va piano va sano e va lontano
Those who go slowly, go safely and go far
Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
Chi va piano va sano e va lontano
Those who go slowly, go safely and go far
Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
Re: Ellis Island Picture Posting
Grazie Michael,
You photos are really great!
I wa there the past august (it was my first trip to the U.S. and Ellis Island was one of the places I absolutely wanted to visit!)
But, wow!!! the areas closed to the public are very fascinating, what a shame they cannot open all the areas to the public
The museum is fantastic, My grandfather and my father in law passed through Ellis Island so it was so exciting and toucing for us to stay there, in the same places after 100 years...
Thank you very much, very interesting...
You're lucky to be there so often...
Laura
You photos are really great!
I wa there the past august (it was my first trip to the U.S. and Ellis Island was one of the places I absolutely wanted to visit!)
But, wow!!! the areas closed to the public are very fascinating, what a shame they cannot open all the areas to the public
The museum is fantastic, My grandfather and my father in law passed through Ellis Island so it was so exciting and toucing for us to stay there, in the same places after 100 years...
Thank you very much, very interesting...
You're lucky to be there so often...
Laura
Re: Ellis Island Picture Posting
Great pictures!!!
Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Vincenza
Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Vincenza
http://www.italiansiciliangenealogy.com/
http://www.italiansicilianheritage.com/main/home.html
http://www.italiansicilianheritage.com/Main/index.html
http://ouritaliansicilianfamilytree.goo ... familytree
Searching surnames:
Maola, Rocca, Niro,Longo, Pennacchia (FR)
Pellerito, D'Anna, Alfano, Russo, LoCricchio (PA)
http://www.italiansicilianheritage.com/main/home.html
http://www.italiansicilianheritage.com/Main/index.html
http://ouritaliansicilianfamilytree.goo ... familytree
Searching surnames:
Maola, Rocca, Niro,Longo, Pennacchia (FR)
Pellerito, D'Anna, Alfano, Russo, LoCricchio (PA)
- Romano1970
- Master

- Posts: 502
- Joined: 30 Apr 2008, 00:54
- Location: Colorado
Re: Ellis Island Picture Posting
I will be going again this week. If there is any specific picture that someone would like please let me know and I will do my best to get that icture.
By the way....The Crown will b e opening up this July 4th 8O
8O 
By the way....The Crown will b e opening up this July 4th 8O
Michael Romano
Chi va piano va sano e va lontano
Those who go slowly, go safely and go far
Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
Chi va piano va sano e va lontano
Those who go slowly, go safely and go far
Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
Re: Ellis Island Picture Posting
How cool will that be?! I heard it mentioned on the Today Show last week. The view at the top will no doubt be breathtaking to say the least!Romano1970 wrote:The Crown will b e opening up this July 4th 8O8O
Lynne
Re: Ellis Island Picture Posting
Fantastic pictures.....maybe one day I'll make it to New York, and can make the rounds of famous sites.
Lee
Lee
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
- Romano1970
- Master

- Posts: 502
- Joined: 30 Apr 2008, 00:54
- Location: Colorado
Re: Ellis Island Picture Posting
You really Should Lee. It is an amazing place. I am trying to get there as much as possible to document with pictures because I am moving to Colorado at the end of June 2009.
. I will miss being able to frequent Ellis as much as I do now.
Michael Romano
Chi va piano va sano e va lontano
Those who go slowly, go safely and go far
Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
Chi va piano va sano e va lontano
Those who go slowly, go safely and go far
Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
Re: Ellis Island Picture Posting
Once I get all the irons out of the fire and life slows down to a reasonable pace....LOL!! There are a number of places I want to travel to, some new and some I've seen before.......by the way, I love Colorado....very beautiful.
Congratulations!!
Lee
Congratulations!!
Lee
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

