Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
I've got a little Ellis Island question for you. But first, a story. In a December 22, 1901 article of the New York Times, it speaks of 4 liners that arrived together and since none needed quarantine, "a procession up the bay and rivers started such as is seldom seen along the waterfront." These included the arrival of my gggf on La Savoie, the first ship, followed by the Philadelphia which was returning John Phillip Sousa and his band from their visit to the King and Queen of England.
My question is this. Would Ellis Island have any photos of the arrival of Sousa??? Perhaps my gggf's ship could be seen in the background, if there were any photos taken.
Just a thought I was having the other day when I read the article. I recently contacted the Sousa Museum and they were unable to help, so I figured with your extensive knowledge of Ellis Island, you might know.
Thank You Michael for the wonderful pictures......... someday I hope to go to Ellis Island to experience what everyone is talking about.......
You will love Colorado from what I hear, my son has been there many times and if he ever moves out of Ohio, he claims that Colorado will be the state where he wants to spend the rest of his life.....Good Luck
Sal4
Looking for surnames Iasalvatore (Salvatore), Tartaglia, Rosetta, Consola, Di Muccio, Castellano, Montanaro, Dipaolo, Costa, Sansone, Giudicianni and Laudato.
Hi Michael............The name of the ship is SS Citta Di Napoli ......It arrived at Ellis Island on Dec 2, 1904..from Naples.....I have the ships manifest so the spelling is correct....You have Citta Del Napoli in your post to me......Thanks..Sal4
Looking for surnames Iasalvatore (Salvatore), Tartaglia, Rosetta, Consola, Di Muccio, Castellano, Montanaro, Dipaolo, Costa, Sansone, Giudicianni and Laudato.
If you have a login in type it in if not create one. Then go to passenger lists.
Go to the "By Ship"
follow the directions. You should be able to pull a pic of the ship.
See the link below though. i pulled it up for you.
Michael..........when I searched Ellis Island the picture of the ship was a drawing..........when I went on the google link....there was the actual picture.....Thank You so much!!! I can't wait to add the picture to my family's history that I'm gathering...........sal4
Looking for surnames Iasalvatore (Salvatore), Tartaglia, Rosetta, Consola, Di Muccio, Castellano, Montanaro, Dipaolo, Costa, Sansone, Giudicianni and Laudato.
Michael, I have one more question for you......When a person arrived at Ellis Island,were there pictures taken of them? and if so how can we obtain a copy of that picture? Thanks....sal4
Looking for surnames Iasalvatore (Salvatore), Tartaglia, Rosetta, Consola, Di Muccio, Castellano, Montanaro, Dipaolo, Costa, Sansone, Giudicianni and Laudato.
I've made several cousin connections using ancestry.com. With many of them we will simply exchange an email here and there on ancestry.com and compare some notes. I find that most people go to ancestry.com mainly to have a DNA test, an aren't that interested in building a family tree, making connect...