Pacellis from San Valentino Torio (Salerno) > Brooklyn, N

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
deanamadio

Pacellis from San Valentino Torio (Salerno) > Brooklyn, N

Post by deanamadio »

Just found this site! Here's information about my Pacellis:

According to a few documents, my Pacellis are from San Valentino Torio (Salerno) - in the Campagna region. Sarno is a very nearby (few miles) village/city, and I know others in the U.S. are researching Pacellis from there. My Pacellis came to NY in the late 1800s, and could have been here as early as the early 1880s. From 1900 - 1930 I know they were living in Brooklyn, NY.

Francesco Pacelli b. about 1845, d. 1920 and is buried in St. John's Cemetery in Middle Village, Queens, NY (father was Francesco Pacelli, mother Mary Crispi). He was married to Giacoma Crispi b. about 1853, d. 1922 - also buried in St. John's Cemetery (father was Joseph Crispi, mother Giacoma Terra). They had 3 children:

Pasquale Pacelli (b. about 1875, d.?) - he probably also went by Walter and his wife may have been Winnie. He was a barber and owned a barbershop on Myrtle Avenue in Brooklyn.

Angelo (Joseph) Pacelli b. 1882, d. 1957 and is buried in St. Charles Cemetery in Farmingdale, NY. He is interred with his wife, Viola, who died in 1969 at Pilgrim State Hospital. His first wife may have been Adi. Angelo was also a barber.

Grazia (Gracie) Pacelli b. about 1887, d. ? In Jan. 1904 she married Giuseppe Amadio (from Roma) and had a child Eugene Amadio (b. July 1905) - my grandfather. We're not sure what happened to her, and we believe Giuseppe went back to Italy shortly after Eugene's birth.

These are the addresses some or all of them lived at, according to the Federal Census, NYS Census, and a few other documents. All of these addresses are Brooklyn, NY:

1900 - Summit St.; 1904/5 - Harrison St. (now Kane I believe); 1910 through 1930 - N. Portland Ave. In 1940, Angelo may have been living and working on Clarkson Ave (Brooklyn State Hospital).

If you have any information on these Pacellis, let me know. We have no pictures of any of this side of the family, nor are aware of any living Pacellis related to us in the U.S. Surprisingly, I was just at the gravesight of Angelo & Viola a few weeks ago, and someone had recently placed two potted plants on their grave. Someone out there knows them!

Also, I have a marriage certificate of a Pasquale Pacelli and Vincenzina (Giacobella) from 1890 in Manhattan. They may or may not be related to my Pacellis, but I know this Pasquale is not my Pasquale due to his age. However, a Pasquale and "Vinnie" (could be "Winnie") Pacelli did witness the marriage of Giuseppe and Grazia in 1904, so this could be the same couple.