Passariello Passenger List Help!

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
xoxlisalisaxox

Passariello Passenger List Help!

Post by xoxlisalisaxox »

I think I have found the Passenger list for my Great Great Grandmother, Carmina Passariello along with my Great Grandfather and three of his siblings, unfortunately, I can't figure out the handwriting on alot of the columns. If anyone can help! Especially the Column that states who she knows in the states on the second page!!! Of course, I would love all the info, but this may help me further on my family tree....Thanks!!!! She is on Line 1 and her children are Lines 2-5

Page 1 for Carmina Passariello

Page 2 of Carmina Passariello
eyetalgal
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Passariello Passenger List Help!

Post by eyetalgal »

Looks like she was traveling with 3 children and a brother. They were all born in San Felice A Cancello (Casserta, Campania) and that was their last residence. Going to meet Husband Raffaele Solla at 121 Hamilton St., New Haven, CT. Leaving her father Saverio in Italy.

Carmina was 31, Angiolina was 9, Edmondo was 3, Saverio was 11 months?, Brother Alfonso was 17.

Angiolina & Edmondo have naturalization notations in the occupation column.
xoxlisalisaxox

Post by xoxlisalisaxox »

Thanks for the info! It helped in understanding the passenger list, unfortunately, I read it wrong and thought that Carmina was Alfonso's mother. Didn't realize that she was his sister. My Great Great Grandfather is Alfonso! Is anyone able to read who is he going to join in the US??
Lisa
eyetalgal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by eyetalgal »

Alfonso going to meet his brother-in-law....same person as Carmina and her children
xoxlisalisaxox

Post by xoxlisalisaxox »

What does it mean when a passenger has naturalization notations in the occupation column???
Lisa
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Hi Lisa
Here are a couple of links that may help to explain the markings
Valarie

Lou Alfano's site, scroll down to "Interpreting U.S. Immigration Manifest Annotations"
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropol ... 1b.htm#pax

JewishGen
http://www.jewishgen.org/infofiles/manifests/occ/