Montemiletto

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
donmarap
Rookie
Rookie

Montemiletto

Post by donmarap »

:D
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The town is Montemiletto, Postale 83038, Provincia Avellino. Peter
lalberogenealogico
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Montimiletta

Post by lalberogenealogico »

donmarap wrote:What region is this town in? I believe my grandparent's were from there.
The surnames are Pucillo, DeMaples and Choffelo.
grandfather; Gianchino Pucillo b. Italy 1877
grandmother; Rose Choffelo (sp?). Rose was born in Italy in 1881.
Jack Pucillo's father and mother were;
James Pucillo and Louise perhaps from Montimiletta.
Rose Choffelo Pucillo's parent's were;
Patrick Choffelo, Italy
Josephina DeMaples, Italy.

Is this familiar to anyone?
HELP!
thankyou
Hi donmarap, my name is Gaetano Petrillo and I have an office of genealogical research in Montemiletto. I worked for many american people to find some informations of their italian relatives. Can I help you?
If you are interested, send me an e-mail at: info@lalberogenealogico.it

Gaetano Petrillo
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

People who post inquiries here do not have to pay for any information we furnish. This gentlemen who has responded to you Mr. gaetano Petrillo is a commercial genealogist and may charge you money for any inquiry you may make. He will no doubt offer his services and just be sure that you do not PAY ANYTHING and make that clear to him. If you wish to pay for his services then that is your decision. Peter
g37adp

Montemiletto

Post by g37adp »

Hi donmarap

I just joined this group and found your post. My grandfather was Michele [Michael] Pucillo. His parents are: Giacomo and Luisa [DiLuca] Pucillo and his siblings are:

Antoneilla
Antoinetta
Francesco
Lydia
Gioachino B: Oct 8, 1896 Montemiletto D: Feb 6, 1960 Boston,Massachusetts
Giavanni
Michelina

They are from Montemiletto,Italy. Giochino married Rosina Cefalo [B: June 27, 1880 Pietradetusi D: Dec. 23, 1954 Boston, Massachusetts. They had the following children:\

James
Salvatore
Louise
Patrick
Joseph
Edith

Is this the family your looking for? I believe we may be connected.

Geri
cooperna

Post by cooperna »

Geri,

My grandfather Vincent Colella is related to the Pucillo's. His mother Livia was a Pucillo. I believe her brother was Gioachino that lived in Boston. Actually my grandfather and Gioachino were neighbors. I remember Gioachino when I was very young. I also know his children Louise and Edith.

Regards,
Nancy
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Glad to see we are back to non commercial genealogy. Peter
g37adp

Post by g37adp »

Nancy

My mother was the daughter of Michel [Michael] Pucillo. Giaochino and Livia are his brother and sister. Louise and Edith are the daughters of Giaochino. I was born in Boston and we lived in Hyde Park, Ma. I live in Florida now.

I believe Vincent and Livia Colella had 2 children, Vincent Jr and Mary.
Would love to hear from you
You can email me at
crestofthesouth@direcway.com

Best regards,Geri
cooperna

Post by cooperna »

Hi Geri,

I sent you a message, but it was returned. Hope the next one gets to you. If you do not receive, let me know and give me your email address again.

Thank you,
Nancy Colella Cooper
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

EEEE GADS! who are you people and what are you doing here??? Peter
g37adp

Post by g37adp »

Hi Nancy
I haven't gotten anything. Try to resend at the same email address as above in my last post. It should work. Make sure you use all small letters and no "T" in direcway.

Hope to hear from you soon

Best regards, Geri
donmarap
Rookie
Rookie

Post by donmarap »

My grandfather was Gioacchino Pucillo and Rosa was my grandmother. He was the brother of Michele and I remember well my Aunt Louise and Aunt Idie [Ida]. Where in Boston did they live next to each other? I can't find them until the 1920 Census. I guess Gioacchino arrived early not sure when his immigration was I can't find the manifest or a census for him or Rosa in 1910. Where were they living then?
Donna
Tommysnana

Re: Montemiletto

Post by Tommysnana »

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and saw the posts. I am as well a Colella....however there are so many of them with the same name I have totally confused myself. One minute I think I have something then all of a sudden I'm proven wrong. I was born in Lynn Mass and even there my grandfather and another person shared the same name....Salvatore Colella. I'm not sure I'm connected to the Colella's you mention however you never know. I do know my grandfather was born in Montemiletto and my grandmother was born in Salerno. After that it is a blank. I have found no records of either coming into any ports in the US etc. I've spent alot of time and money getting certified copies of passengers that turned out not to be either grandparent. Geri, it sounds like you've done an excellent job researching. One day I will as well. Have a good day all and Good luck!

Linda
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

Linda

Why don't you put down all the info you know about your family and see if someone here might be able to come up with something. Full names, maiden names, years of birth, death etc.

All the people on this site are very helpful. You never know what might turn up.

Elizabeth
Tommysnana

Post by Tommysnana »

Thank you Elizabeth, I'll give it a try.
My grandfather Salvatore Colella was born in Montemiletto in approx 1875. The only brother I know of is Pasquale born in approx 1876.
My grandmother Margaret Loguercio was born in Salerno approx 1879.
I'm not sure where or when they were married. I do know they resided in Lynn Mass. I'm not even sure when they immigrated to the US. I've looked as well as purchased countless passenger lists with no luck. I did hire a genealogist to do research for me a few years ago in italy. We both thought he hit the jackpot but looking at it today ..yes it took me a long time to realize that I do not see my grandfathers brother Pasquale listed as one of the siblings of the person I thought to be my great grandparents.

Well I guess that's a start but as you can see, not much info to go on.

Thanks for listening!
Linda