ruffo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bella814

ruffo

Post by bella814 »

Hi. I am stuck on probably something easy. I am trying to locate a joseph ruffo that was married to ann rotunno. she remarried in 1958 to a campbell. The joseph ruffo part is the tricky one for me. I don't know if he died, they were divorced or what. I can't find any record of him. I do know that they had children. joseph a ruffo, elizabeth ruffo, charles ruffo, albert ruffo and I think a half sibling lawrence campbell. ann is still alive. the children all were born in the 30s in sharon, PA. I know that there is a 1920 census with a mispelling of the rotunno last name. It shows ratune on the census and it shows dad as domenic and mom as mary and a tonerre (girl)?. domenic came in 1900 the other 2 in 1908. I checked stevemorse but got nowhere.

all of the children have died in 2002 with the exception of Albert who lives in west middlesex, PA. I have a good portion, i think of the rotunno side from obituaries.

Home Person Overview People Family Tree Photos Stories Audio View: Pedigree Family Family Group Sheet Search records Edit DOMINIC rotunno
DOMINIC rotunno
Parents: Add Father & Add Mother

Birth: 4 Aug 1891
Italy
Death: Aug 1965

View Profile

Mary pecorro
Parents: Add Father & Add Mother

Birth: abt 1881
Italy
Death:

View Profile

Alternate Spouses Add another spouse for Mary pecorro

Mary pecorro
Palma Tommasone
Add another spouse

Add Marriage Information

Add a child Children

Name Sex Birth Death Ancestry Hints
Mary ratune View Profile F

-
Tonerre Rotunno View Profile F abt 1901
Italy
-
Mary a rotunno View Profile F 23 Sep 1909
Pennsylvania 13 nov 1978
Sharpsville, Mercer, Pennsylvania, United States of America -
Michael rotunno View Profile M 28 Oct 1912
Pennsylvania, USA
1 Hints
Andy Ratune View Profile M abt 1913
Pennsylvania
-
Andrew S Rotunno View Profile M 8 Jan 1914
Sharon, Pennsylvania, USA 27 Feb 1970
Roseville, California, USA -
Ann Rotunno View Profile F abt 1915
Pennsylvania
-
Dominic Rotunno View Profile M 15 Feb 1919
Pennsylvania 10 Jun 1977
La Verne, Los Angeles, California, United States of America -
Conti832
Veteran
Veteran

Re: ruffo

Post by Conti832 »

Although I cannot help with this I know some of this family I live in Sharpsville.
zona1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zona1 »

Have you considered the possibility that the name is RUSSO? The lower-case "S" in Italian handwriting often looks like an "F" - I have seen the name ROSA look like ROFA". If you need more help, contact me at my email address: italiandocuments@gmail.com
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

bella814 wrote: I know that there is a 1920 census with a mispelling of the rotunno last name.
It shows ratune on the census and it shows dad as domenic and mom as mary and a tonerre (girl)?.
domenic came in 1900 the other 2 in 1908.
I checked stevemorse but got nowhere.
Hello,
If you're also looking for Domenico Rotunno's wife & daughter's manifest, this may be it.
Daughter 'Tonerre' on the 1920 census may be Tonetta (short for Antonetta)
Valarie

possible 1905 manifest

1 Aug 1905, SS Konigin Luise, Naples to NY
lines 11-13
M (Maria) Domenica Pecoraro 27 (abt 1878)
- last residence Roccaromana(?) (Caserta, Campania)
- destination Sharon P
- joining husband Rotunno at #3 Canal Street
son Pietro Rotunno 2 (abt 1903)
daughter Antonetta Rotunno 4 (abt 1901)
bella814

Post by bella814 »

thanks, VJ. That helps too. You guys are good. I have only been at this for about two weeks. The name changes are killing me!!
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

This may help locate a manifest - Domenico Rotunno's brothers, sister:

An obituary from the New Castle News 22 Oct 1934
Achille Rotunno, aged 68, 214 South Liberty Street, died Sunday morning at his home after an illness of complications.
He is survived by his wife Mary Rotunno; three sons, Jake, Peter at home, and Charles of New York city; two daughters, Mrs MinnieCetro and Mrs Annie Curan of Columbus Ohio;
four brothers, Samuel Rotuno of Rochester, Louis, Domenick and Carmen of Sharon, and a sister Mary Rotunno of Sharon.
Funeral services will be held Tuesday at 9:30 AM from St Lucy's church with the Rev Fr Ippolito reading the requiem mass. Interment will be made in St Lucy's cemetery.
bella814

Post by bella814 »

you rock. wow!

I have beat ancestry to death!!! I know domenick, domenic, dominic, died in 1965, he remarried a woman named Palma, then she outlived him then she married someone with the last name of tommosone.