Petrullo Family Gorga /Stio italy info

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Petrullo

Petrullo Family Gorga /Stio italy info

Post by Petrullo »

Looking for any help on tracing petrullo family last known town of gorga italy.

My grandfather name was Michael Petrullo. I know we are related to Infante family and D'Angleo family this is all from my grandmother side.
If anyone could help would be great. Don't know if Petrullo is a common name in Italy or all came from same family
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: looking for imformation on Petrullo Family Gorga italy

Post by suanj »

Petrullo wrote:Looking for any help on tracing petrullo family last known town of gorga italy.

My grandfather name was Michael Petrullo. I know we are related to infante family and de angleo family this is all from my grandmother side.
If anyone could help would be great. Don't know if petrullo is a common name in italy or all came from same family
HI Petrullo:
The Gorga place (are 2 place with this name in Italy)probable just are Gorga fraction of STIO town/Salerno province/Campania region...currently not are Petrullo living in Gorga fraction of Stio, but are In Stio town http://www.paginebianche.it/pb/cerca?bt ... 3&cc=82450&

are also Infante persons living in Stio http://www.paginebianche.it/pb/cerca?bt ... 3&cc=82450&

and (not De Angleo surname) but D'Angelo surname http://www.paginebianche.it/pb/cerca?bt ... 3&cc=82450&
-----suanj
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

Petrullo wrote:Looking for any help on tracing petrullo family last known town of gorga italy.

My grandfather name was Michael Petrullo. I know we are related to infante family and de angleo family this is all from my grandmother side.
If anyone could help would be great. Don't know if petrullo is a common name in italy or all came from same family
Hi,

There are two towns with the name Gorga.
Gorga, Salerno, Campania, Italy and Gorga, Roma, Lazio, Italy

However, the town of Stio is located near Gorga, Salerno, Campania, Italy. Now there is microfilm at the FHC for the town of Gorga, Roma, Lazio, Italy, but not for the other towns in Salerno.

Now have you checked Ellis Island for when Michele came into the States for I did find a Michele Petrullo coming in 1911 at 22 years old and is going to see a person by the surname Ippolito. Does any of this ring a bell?

Also, I check the names for Infante and found an Angelo Infante, a Vito Pertullo, and a Giuseppe DeAngelis coming to the USA in May 1911 from Stio going to see a Francesco Ippolito. Do any of these name sound familiar?

The other thing is do you have in any of the Census or his Naturalization papers? Also, don’t forget on Ellis Island to check variations of Petrullo such as Petrulla.

Hope this is a help.
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Trish please stop duplicating informatioin already furnished to the poster and I might add with mediocre genealogy which lacks any depth. Peter
AnnePetrullo

Re: looking for imformation on Petrullo Family Gorga /Stio i

Post by AnnePetrullo »

Hi! My husband's last name is Petrullo and he is from Gorga (fraz. di Stio, Salerno). There are several families with the name Petrullo in Gorga. There are also D'Angelo's and Infante's in Gorga. Please let us know what information you are looking for and maybe we can help you.
Hope this helps!
jfeeneynj

Re: Petrullo Family Gorga /Stio italy info

Post by jfeeneynj »

WOW Fifteen years later- But if you still need info
My Grandfather was Michael (Michele) Petrullo from Stio Italy, arriving on Ellis Island 1911 (alone). His wife Helena (Santangelo) was still in Italy with their son Felice (Phil) arriving ten years later. They lived in the Marion Section of Jersey City (Wallace Ave). They later had several children Michael Carmine Joseph Mary Antoinette (my Mom) and Dina. My cousin Diane Petrullo-Walker has done extensive research on our Grandparents (from Stio/ Gorga Italy).
I can be reached a jfeeneynj@aol.com if you need more info (if we haven't met already)