Getting letter from NY consulate to obtain father's BC

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
PHJ09

Getting letter from NY consulate to obtain father's BC

Post by PHJ09 »

Does anyone know how to get a letter from the NYC consulate that is required to obtain certified copy of deceased father's birth cert. from Albany ?

Consulate says they do not provide such letters but Albany says that they do but say they don't to make things as difficult as possible.
ItalianFood

Re: Getting letter from NY consulate to obtain father's

Post by ItalianFood »

Where exactly was your father born?

You should try and get the birth certificate from the County Clerks office in the town/city where he was born.

I needed a birth certificate from Yonkers.I sent in an application with proof of who I am (photocopy of drivers license) and how I am related (my birth certificate) to the person in question and a letter stating why i need the certificate and a copy of the embassy requirements that shows the birth certificate is needed.

Don't take no for an answer!
PHJ09

Post by PHJ09 »

Thanks for the reply.
He was born in Buffalo.
Buffalo Dept of Vital statistics said I had to get it from Albany - Dept of Health. Albany says it cannot be had without letter from consulate signed in ink. Consulate says they will not do it and never do.

When did you get yours ?
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Call your state representative and ask him to intervene in your behalf...thats why he represents you!!Call him/her up and ask to speak with someone who helps his/her constituents and relay your tale. This should do it for you if you cannot get the record any other way andtell him/her of your efforts and thats why your here at his/her office. =Peter=
~Peter~
PHJ09

Post by PHJ09 »

Peter,

Thank you for the reply and the advice.

Peter