Requesting Birth Certificate from Italy

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
sophia22

Requesting Birth Certificate from Italy

Post by sophia22 »

I've found some very good basic letters in Italian requesting a birth certificate for my great-grandmother.

QUESTION: Do have to request some kind of OFFICIAL birth certificate, or will it automatically be the official document I can then use for my citizenship jure sanguinis application? Grazie Mille!!
msecc
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Requesting Birth Certificate from Italy

Post by msecc »

Good question... I'm interested too...
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

You have to request the:
"Estratto dell'atto di nascita in modello plurilingue"

Laura
sophia22

Post by sophia22 »

Does this mean it is in multiple languages? As long as it's "certified," I'll ask for anything!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

If your asking for italian citizenship reasons then the Plurlingue format is the way to go but since you may be asking for personal genealogy then you can also ask for the long form" Estratto di Nascita" which contains more information than the conventional birth record certificate. Free of charge.=Peter=
~Peter~
sophia22

Post by sophia22 »

I'm definitely going for dual citizenship so thanks for clearing that up. I plan on including 5 or 10 Euros plus 2 IRC coupons. Is that sufficient? I can't believe some of these "companies" charge upwards of 90 Euros to obtain a birth certificate. I've found so many form letters in Italian. Oh well!
marlisantana

Post by marlisantana »

preciso de informações: como encontrar a cidade de origem de meu bisavó italiano na Itália; preciso da certidão de nascimento dele, já fiz varias pesquisas mas ainda não encontrei nenhuma resposta me ajudem por favor.
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

Most people do not send money with their requests. The comune will ask for money if they require it. There is a letter template for requesting a birth certificate at www.italiancitizenship.freeforums.org tjat you may be able to use.
marlisantana

Post by marlisantana »

I need information: how to find the city of origin of my Italian great-grandmother in Italy, I need his birth certificate, I have done several searches but have not found any answers I know the name of my great-grandfather of his parents and maternal grandparents and paternal
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Marlisantana Do you have any information as to the Civil Register Offices in the town where they lived that has records of births,.marriages and deaths in Brazil? Go to www.mj.gov.br and click on the Cadastro de Cartorios, select the estado y municipio el el estado then select birth,obito o casamento. They might have the town of origin inItaly. You did not say where they lived in Brazil and you did not give me any names to check for the port city where they entered Brazil....Sao Paulo?? =Peter=
~Peter~
marlisantana

Post by marlisantana »

Peter I will pass the information that you have
Name Julio Danesi, born in 1894 or 1889 Parents: Antonio Danesi Danesi Tudor Rose and paternal grandparents: Antonio and Angela Danesi Pelegrine maternal grandparents Joaquim Tudor and Petrolina Falopino he married in the city of Porto Calvo Alagoas Brazil but it appears that he is a city called Porto Alegre Brazil not know why because he is Italian came to Brazil from 1900 I need birth certificate but did not know where he was born in Italy
Darpino

Post by Darpino »

dont send money they dont charge to send b.c.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Marlisantana you know portuguese and I only know spanish and Italian so go to www.mj.gov.br and follow the instructions in Portuguese for the Cadastro de cartorios. when you get to REGISTRO CIVIL in the Municipio theyhave the records for birth,marriage and deaths. the registro civil for Porto Calvo Alagoas is where his marriage records are recorded and may have his town of origin. in Italy?

The records for immigrants to Brazil do not show the town of origin except for Sao Paulo (rio de Janeiro port).

Do you know the province in Italy from where she comes from? =Peter=
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I checked some records and found GIULIA DANESI born 1878 from FORLI in Italy arriving in Brazil 1895

UGO DANESI born 1867 from FORLI in Italy arriving in Brazil 1895 (with GIULIA)

MARIA DANESI born 1846 from VALLE CASTELLANA in Italy arrivin gin Brazil in 1893

If any of these entries by bnames or dates mean anything please let me know. =Peter=
~Peter~
marlisantana

Post by marlisantana »

Pedro tomó viajó respuesta porque tengo información que pueda haber nacido en el Valle del Liri, no sé si la escritura y corregir, pero ahora gracias por su información, espero tu respuesta.