Death certificate in rome

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
reneek232000

Death certificate in rome

Post by reneek232000 »

I sent away for my GGF death cert in rome. At the time of death he was a US citizen but died over there. They sent me back a letter with a section marked. I can not read Italian. I put it in a translation software and it really makes no sense to me. If anyone can please translate this small paragraph I would be so grateful :D
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Death certificate in rome

Post by Italysearcher »

Where is it?
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
reneek232000

Re: Death certificate in rome

Post by reneek232000 »

This is what it says:

La richiesta deve essere inoltrata dall'interessato allegando fotocopia del documento di riconoscimento controfirmata.

Se il richiedente è persona diversa dall'interessato allegare delega firmata e la fotocopia del documento di riconoscimento del delgato ( oltre a quello del richiedente).

I have no idea what this says. When I sent away for my GGF death cert I included his full birth name, his parents names, where he was born and his D/O/B, and that he dies in Rome and the date of his death. The letter that was sent to me has more on it but this was the part they high lighted in yellow. So I am assuming the rest of the document does not apply. The document also has a state stamp at the bottom with a signature like a certification.