Silvestri, Parisi, Costa, Varcidipane Anyone have info ??

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
DianeGrant09

Silvestri, Parisi, Costa, Varcidipane Anyone have info ??

Post by DianeGrant09 »

I am researching the Silvestri, Parisi, Costa and Varcidipane family names. My maiden name is Silvestri. My family settled in New Jersey after coming from Santa Croce Camerina in the late 1800's.

Is anyone, hopefully, also researching these names??
Please email me with any information after posting here. I have some info going back 3-5 generations depending on the name but am stuck!

sunvalgifts@aol.com
Thank you!
Diane :D
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Silvestri, Parisi, Costa, Varcidipane Anyone have info ?

Post by sal4 »

Hi Diane.......My husband is a Costa and his family is from Romacca/Romacco, Sicily........
His Grandfather is Antonio Costa that settled in Cleveland, Ohio...Any connection?? Sal4
Looking for surnames Iasalvatore (Salvatore), Tartaglia, Rosetta, Consola, Di Muccio, Castellano, Montanaro, Dipaolo, Costa, Sansone, Giudicianni and Laudato.
DianeGrant09

Post by DianeGrant09 »

My great granmother was Antoinette Costa and they settled in Hackensack New Jersey. That's really all I know about the Costa line! They are from Sicily though. I wish I knew more. I have to look up my grandfathers name, I"m drawing a blank right now, I'm sorry, it's getting late!
Diane
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

If you would like help in locating records, we have a great team here at IG!!
Tell us where you are "stuck" at, what information/records you have collected so far, full names with birth dates, spouses, known children and location, and I'm sure our members can get you over that "brickwall".... :wink:

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
1cathy

Post by 1cathy »

I know many Silvestri's and Parisi's are from Carovilli in Isernia. But not the other two names
DianeGrant09

Post by DianeGrant09 »

I am stuck at my grandmother. Her name we have now found is Thomasa ( Tomassa) Varcadipane. We had trouble with the correct spelling of her first name and the last name. Then once I got the correct spelling of last name I found her on a passenger record when she was 16 coming back from Italy where she settled in Hackensack , New Jersey. We don't know her parents though someone just wrote me on Ancestry.com and they seem to have found them as rosario and Marherita ( Piccione) which would make sense since my aunts name is Margaret. My grandmother was born in New Jersey in 1911 ( what I have) then taken back to Italy.The record I was just sent shows her coming to NJ in 1914 but her family was then deported. She then came back at age 16 as my ships records show.
Any help would be much appreciated!
DianeGrant09

Post by DianeGrant09 »

As for my Silvestri line ( my father was a Silvestri) I am looking for my grandparents Giovanni and Virginia ( Zottolla) who were born in NJ and whose parents came from Italy. My Parisi line is my grandfather Umberto Parisi born in 1900, died Dec. 25th, 1984 and married Tomasina ( Tomassa) His parents were Giovanni Parisi and Antoinette ( Costa) who were born in Italy, but I cannot find them either.
Thank you everyone for all of your help. I'm SO stuck with my Italian heritage!
Diane
DianeGrant09

Post by DianeGrant09 »

Ok, it's been a while since I"ve been back here. But since last August I"ve found a lot about my family line from Santa Croce Camerina, Sicily!
I know now that my grandmother was Tomassa Varcadipane, she married Umberto Parisi. Tomassa's parents were Rosario Varcadipane and Giovanna Mania ( Her parents were Emmanuele Mania and Francesca Vasile) Giuseppe and Giovanna had 9 children,Concetta was the 3rd born and she married Angelo Barone. After Concetta's death he remarried Josephing Iurato. Another Brother was Francesco who married Felicia Giannone and they had 7 children.
My great grandfather Rosario's parents were Rosario Varcadipane and Concetta Migliore.

Does anyone have any of these people or names in their family lines?
I'm also researching Silvestri, Costa, Parisi,and Zotolla.
Thank you to anyone who can give me any further information on these names, or maybe needs additional information which I now have.

Diane