Records From Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
pascalena

Records From Italy

Post by pascalena »

I have been searching for my Grandfather´s Birth Certificate and when I found it, it said he was born in 1883 but the records here in the US have him born in 1873; is it possible for it to be 10 years off? All the other information matches up, the marriage to my grandma and her vital information. He was married once before my grandmother and that all matches too. I just find it hard to believe it could be 10 years off. I need this information for my Italian Citizenship. I was told it was going to be difficult to get because the name Pasquale Galle was changed to Charles Galle and the birthdate is off my 10 years. Does anyone know what I can do? Thanks in adavance for your help.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Records From Italy

Post by suanj »

pascalena wrote:I have been searching for my Grandfather´s Birth Certificate and when I found it, it said he was born in 1883 but the records here in the US have him born in 1873; is it possible for it to be 10 years off? All the other information matches up, the marriage to my grandma and her vital information. He was married once before my grandmother and that all matches too. I just find it hard to believe it could be 10 years off. I need this information for my Italian Citizenship. I was told it was going to be difficult to get because the name Pasquale Galle was changed to Charles Galle and the birthdate is off my 10 years. Does anyone know what I can do? Thanks in adavance for your help.
Pasquale Gallé from Monteleone (Calabria) age 28 in 1902(propbable birthyear 1873)
http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 5375120237
for different data, are possible an error of transription, or an homonymus cousins, but data sure are 1873(if this Pasquale Gallé ship's manifest are your ancestor)...suanj
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

A possibility to consider is you found the birth record for an older brother of your ancestor. This older brother passed away before your ancestor was born. Your ancestor was given the name of the deceased child. I found this several times in my family genealogy, especially when the name was originally given to honor a parent from the previous generation.

Debbie
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Pascalena, I've read your private message for me:
are this records for various Charles Galle(ex Pasquale) :
Name Home in 1910
(City,County,State) Estimated Birth Year
Charles W Galle city, ESSEX, info 1861
Chas Galle city, SHIAWASSEE, info 1885
Charles G Galle city, ST LOUIS, info 1878
Charles Galle city, ST LOUIS, info 1844
Charles Galle city, ST LOUIS, info 1865
are various birthyear...I think, for my experience.. that are necessary someone detail, for exemple name of wife, married in Italy(Dec 1902)...and surname Pasquale mother..regards, suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

What American record do you need in the USA for your grandfather??They have his birthdate in Italy and thats what counts. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

.....and who told you it would be difficult? an attorney? a company that assist people ion obtaining italian citizenship? or somebody you know who knows about this sort of thing. I am curious. Peter
Florentine

Post by Florentine »

I was successful in obtaining my grandfather's Italian birth certificate from Pescara Abruzzi and the age is somewhat different but not 10 years.

I am unable to find records on my paternal grandmother who was born I hear in Rosarno Calabria. Does anyone know how to get info from Rosarno, Calabria or have a website or any info to assist me?

Her family name was either Fida or Macheranis (not sure) born in May 1894 I believe. How do I get the records without hiring someone?

Florentine
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

For rosarno civil records go to family history library of the mromon church nearest your home and rent out the mcirfoilm of the civil records from 1815 to 1910. There you can trace births,marriages,deaths and family composition working bakcwards. You can also write to the Ufficio di Stato Civile in Rosarno (there is also a San Ferdinando Rosarno close by), postale 89025 (89026), Comune di Rosarneo, Provincia Reggio calabria, Calabria and send form letter in Italian (forms letter www.circolocalabrfese.org). Peter
Florentine

Post by Florentine »

Peter,

Thank you. I actually called the local Mormon Church and left a message today.
I attempted to reach the website you gave me but it says it is no longer available? That is a shame if true.

The Site you are looking for "http://www.circolocalabrfese.org)./" is not available.

If I write to Rosarno I am not sure if I could explain myself because the name is not clearcut. It would be difficult without the forms anyway.

I hope the Mormons can help. How did you know about the Rosarno, info?
I appreciate your assistance.

Florentine
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I gave you a mispoelling in the website. it is www.circolocalabrese.org. Sorry. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

whatwould you like to know about the website specifically?? Peter
Florentine

Post by Florentine »

Peter, thank you again for your quick response. I did go to the website. I am not fluent in Italian but got to the Birth request form and it states the year as 19??. This makes me think that they may not go back to 1894. I am not sure it is the right form for my needs.

I am trying to obtain dual citizenship. I have been researching my grandfather but my grandmother is difficult since she died in her twenties and my father died when I was five. I no very little about her - even her real name is unclear. I have searched on the LDS website and found nothing. (I just obtained her death certificate but some of the info is conflicting with what I had.

Thank you again for any help you can provide me.

Florentine
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Yes it does. What makes you think the records do not go back that far.??? Either something is wrong here or your looking for somethin and not saying it. If you have something you want then say it . We are here to assist peoplelike yourself but when you come up with "I don't think" yhou are not thinking but merely speculating. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Yes it does. What makes you think the records do not go back that far.?? I already told you above that the dates for civil records like birth,marriage and death start in 1815 and go to 1910 on micorfilm in the uSA at the family history library or from the town in Italy thru the forms you have...So what makes you feel uncomfortable??? Peter
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

Florentine wrote:I have searched on the LDS website and found nothing. (I just obtained her death certificate but some of the info is conflicting with what I had. Thank you again for any help you can provide me. Florentine
Hi Florentine,

Here is the actual website for the microfilm that you can order through the Family History Center (LDS-Mormons). http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... ato+civile++

Go through the list and see what year you may need and then order the microfilm. It usually costs about $3.50 to rent the film for the first 30 days. It usually takes 2-3 weeks for the film to come in. The film is in Italian, but you can still get the idea what the document is stating. Also, the volunteers are usually helpful.

Also, where did your grandmother die? You stated she died young. If you know what State she died in, you can write for her death certificate. Hopefully it was filled out properly and it might list her parents names.

If you don't have an exact date, but know the Cemetery she is buried at, you can call the cemetery and ask for the death date and then proceed to write to State for her death certificate.

If you have any census records on the family, you may find clues that way of when she came to the USA, narrow down the years she died, and maybe even find a relative living with them.

I hope this is all a help.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum