PIETRONAVE and also Italian Nationality law?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
anthonyjb10

PIETRONAVE and also Italian Nationality law?

Post by anthonyjb10 »

Hello!

I'm basically trying to get together as much information together as I can regarding my Italian heritage and I'm also interested in getting an Italian passport.

I know that my GREAT grandmother was Italian - as I have in my possession her original Italian passport and her Alien Registration card:

Rosa Pietronave
Born: 4th July 1881 in San Pietro Vara, Italy (from her passport)
Died:
Arrived in the UK: 1st March 1900
Address: 62 Puller Road, High Barnet (London)
Registration Certificate issued: 26th May 1925. (no. 25469)

Rosa Pietronave then became Rosa Speroni after marrying Pietro Speroni. They lived at 15 Yardley Street, Islington, London at the time of the birth of their daughter:

Nina Anna Rosa Speroni (from her Birth Certificate)
Born 3rd April 1908 (Holborn District)
Died 22nd August 1978 (Kingston-Upon-Thames Hospital)

Nina married (Unknown) Fairbrother and became Nina Anna Rosa Fairbrother. Address at time of death: 3 Viceroy Lodge, Claremont Road, Surbiton, Surrey.

Nina had a son (my grandpa) and from then on I have all the neccessary paperwork to trace downwards to me.

I’d like to get two things from this: I would like to know who my great grandma married (Nina Fairbrother) and as much as I can about him, and also about Pietro Speroni, Nina’s father.

Secondly, this is question regarding Italian nationality. Would it be possible for my own father to claim Italian nationality from his grandma (Nina Speroni) if we found all the necessary paperwork?
Any other information you could give regarding this (ie. Tracing it further back from Rosa Pietronave into Italy) would be great! Thank you.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: PIETRONAVE and also Italian Nationality law?

Post by PeterTimber »

where are you england or the USA? Where did Ggrandmother marry England or Italy?? =Peter=
~Peter~
anthonyjb10

Post by anthonyjb10 »

I'm in England and I think my great grandmother married in the UK also.
anthonyjb10

Post by anthonyjb10 »

"You must keep in mind that it was not possible for an Italian mother to transfer Italian citizenship to her child until January 1, 1948 in accordance with a specific sentence issued by the Constitutional Tribunal. Before January 1, 1948, Italian citizenship was transferred to a child ONLY by the father."

In the case of Nina's son ... there was no father listed on the birth certificate but I'm pretty sure he was Italian, and as my grandpa was born before 1948, he wouldn't be able to receive Italian citizenship through his mother ... is that right?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi here some infos abt your Pietro Speroni:
British Army WWI Pension Records 1914-1920
about Peter Speroni
Name: Peter Speroni
Document Year: 1919
Regimental Number: 683952
Number of Images: 13
alien

http://s6.imagestime.com/out.php/i39448 ... peroni.jpg

http://s6.imagestime.com/out.php/i39448 ... eroni1.jpg with name children
http://s6.imagestime.com/out.php/i39448 ... eroni2.jpg
http://s6.imagestime.com/out.php/i39448 ... eroni3.jpg
http://s6.imagestime.com/out.php/i39449 ... eroni4.jpg
again children's names and marriage in 1905 London:
http://s6.imagestime.com/out.php/i39449 ... eroni5.jpg

other record:

British Army WWI Medal Rolls Index Cards, 1914-1920
about Peter Speroni
Name: Peter Speroni
Regiment or Corps: LC ICLC ex Worcs
Regimental Number: 683952

abt dual citizenship I believe no problem; Pietro Speroni was alien in 1918 so Nina had also italian citizenship...
hoping helpful,
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
anthonyjb10

Post by anthonyjb10 »

That's brilliant, thank you so much! My dad actually knows very little about that side of the family as his mother didn't like Nina, so hated talking about anything to do with her! Thank you very much for that information though.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

anthonyjb10 wrote:"You must keep in mind that it was not possible for an Italian mother to transfer Italian citizenship to her child until January 1, 1948 in accordance with a specific sentence issued by the Constitutional Tribunal. Before January 1, 1948, Italian citizenship was transferred to a child ONLY by the father."

In the case of Nina's son ... there was no father listed on the birth certificate but I'm pretty sure he was Italian, and as my grandpa was born before 1948, he wouldn't be able to receive Italian citizenship through his mother ... is that right?
now it is possible to obtain italian citizenship by female line also... just one year ago or so.. the new law... in IG forum are a specific topic abt that.. however in any case if you find where Pietro was born you can ask the dual citizenship by Pietro... no problem also...

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

abt the law( march 2009) for maternal line- request of italian citizenship, a helpful webpage in english:
www.estudioguillen.org...nglish.htm

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
hamish

Post by hamish »

I'm a Nina Fairbrother too, so as I looked up my name to see what would show up, I found two articles; this, and another one. However, the two articles are linked together. The other article was the London Gazette...
http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issues/ ... 4/page.pdf

I'm not positive it's what you're looking for, but it's a start.

Nina Fairbrother is an amazing name and I'm sure you're proud of your ancestor!
By the way, my Fairbrothers were British, not Italian.
Jill Harshbarger

Post by Jill Harshbarger »

Hi there,
I came across your post about Rosa Pietronave, and if you are still interested, I have quite a bit of information about Agostino and Anna Pietronave and their children (there were 10). I have photographs of Agostino and Anna, and pictures of most of their children and their families. My great grandmother Maria (Mary) was Rosa's younger sister. Three of Rosa's sisters, including Mary, immigrated to Northern California (US) which is where I live. Since I am new to this forum, I'm not sure if my e- mail is posted as a heading to this response, but you can contact me at ***@***.***
ffxanthony

Post by ffxanthony »

Hi Jill, I would be really interested to hear from you but unfortunately your email address has been starred out!
ffxanthony

Post by ffxanthony »

Hi suanj

The links you provided no longer work - I desperately need a copy of Pietro and Rosas marriage certificate - would you know where I can find this?