Looking for inf on great-grandfather.

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Piccioli
Rookie
Rookie

Looking for inf on great-grandfather.

Post by Piccioli »

I am looking for information about my great-grandfather Nicola Piccioli. I know that he was born in Mondolfo Italy and died in Serravalle di Carda in 1899. Someone found that he emigrated to the United States at one point, but returned to Italy. I tried finding info on the Ellis Island site but I couldn't find anything. Would someone who has access to the passenger ship records see if they could find out something about when he came over. Through this board I was able to find out what ship my Grandfather Fortunato Piccioli arrived on and I already know when my Grandmother, my father, and his siblings arrived. I have been in contact with my relatives in Serravalle and they did not know anything about Nicola Piccioli going to America. Thanks for any help you can give me.
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Looking for inf on great-grandfather.

Post by sal4 »

I found a Nicola Piccioli, 25 yrs old, arrived from the port of Naples on April 27, 1912 on the ship SS Taormia.....but if he died in 1899 this can't be him, are you sure about the date of his death? I can search more if need be...Sal4
Looking for surnames Iasalvatore (Salvatore), Tartaglia, Rosetta, Consola, Di Muccio, Castellano, Montanaro, Dipaolo, Costa, Sansone, Giudicianni and Laudato.
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

What year was Nicola Piccioli born?

Debbie
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi VaDeb,
Nicola was born the 19 Feb. 1820 in Mondolfo
and died in the 1899 in Serravalle di Carda (PU) ... I found not the emigration in USA...
hugs,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Piccioli
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Piccioli »

Thanks for all of your help. I still can't understand why on Roberto Piccioli's website it states that Nicola Piccioli went to the United States. I guess I will have to continue looking.