Mazzaron surname - Italian City

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
ezambolini

Mazzaron surname - Italian City

Post by ezambolini »

Hello!
My great-great grandfather came from Italy to Brazil in 1889, but I can't discover his birth city. How can I discover where are he from? Does exist any list of people that leaves Italy??
I hope someones help. Thanks
Eliane
Bette
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Italian City

Post by Bette »

Dear Eliane,
You didn't mention the surname, so, it is going to depend on how common the name is. If the name is rare, one of the best lists is the Ellis Island Web site that shows people who emigrated from Italy to USA. I realize your great-great grandfather went from Italy to Brazil, but, it is surprising to see where all the people came from with a certain surname.
If your great-great grandfather got married in Brazil, perhaps his marriage license will show where he was born. You may need to find documents within Brazil to determine his birth city. Just out of curiosity, what is the surname? It is good to post the surname in the subject line, because there may be others researching the same name.
Bette
ezambolini

Re: Mazzaron surname - Italian City

Post by ezambolini »

Bette
thanks for your tips. Well, his name was Fortunato Mazzaron. I have the marriage license, but there's no city description. In the ship passenger list, either. Now, I don't know where I start to search in Italy.
Eliane
Steverino3006
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Steverino3006 »

ezambolini wrote:Bette
thanks for your tips. Well, his name was Fortunato Mazzaron. I have the marriage license, but there's no city description. In the ship passenger list, either. Now, I don't know where I start to search in Italy.
Eliane
What does the marriage license say? Commune? Province? Church? Seems like it should say something!
ezambolini

Post by ezambolini »

The marriage license says only ITALY!! They marriage in Brazil in 1893, and the only information is Italy
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Post by uantiti »

This kind of surnames ending with an "N" like: Causin, Baldan, Blason, Degan, Casson, Donadon, etc. are typical of the Veneto region (Italy, North East). There seem to be a good concentration of Mazzaron in the province of VICENZA, Veneto region.

Ada
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi,
as uantiti friend said, the very probable birthplace is some common in Vicenza area...
also your ancestor came in Brasil in the 1888 and not 1889:
Nome Sobrenome Parentesco Ano Nacionalidade
CATERINA - ESPOSA 7/10/1888 ITALIANA
EMILIO - FILHO 7/10/1888 ITALIANA
FORTUNATO - FILHO 7/10/1888 ITALIANA
FRANCESCO - FILHO 7/10/1888 ITALIANA
LUIGI MAZZARON MARIDO 7/10/1888 ITALIANA
MASSIMILIANO - FILHO 7/10/1888 ITALIANA
for better help, you can ask the "processo para casamento" because in this document it are much infos, and normally also birthplace; so no the marriage certificate, but the "processo para casamento"...
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
ezambolini

Post by ezambolini »

Ok! Thanks. I'm very grateful. I will give news
Eliane
(Sorry about my english)
ezambolini

Post by ezambolini »

Helllo again!
I went to the city were he married, and at that time they didn't do "processo para casamento" yet. I know he comes to Brazil through Genova port. There is some list of passengers that embarked in Genova?
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Ezambolini Por Favor!!!! en que ciudad fue a vivir en Brasil cuando llego??Donde fue a solicitar informes de su casamento...en que ciudad?? nunca menciono nada de su vida porque hay alguno sitios para averiguar.

Perdon que escribio en castellano que no conosco bien el portugues. =Peter=
~Peter~