friend

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
joec96

friend

Post by joec96 »

Looking for Giovanna 8/28/1870 and Virginio Barbero 3/25/1860
Joec96
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: friend

Post by ptimber »

You know you need the town of origin to trace records in Italy or in the USA. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

have you traced them yet thru ellisisland.,org website ??? Peter
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

joec96 wrote:Looking for Giovanna 8/28/1870 and Virginio Barbero 3/25/1860 Joec96

Hi Joe,

I found Virginio Barbero on Ellis Island coming in 1900 from Piazzo on the ship La Gascogne. This could be him for the age matches up.

[http://www.ellisisland.org/search/passR ... 4397050123]

I also found Virginio and Giovanni in the 1930 Federal Census in Sheridan, Crawford, Kansas. It stated he was naturalized in 1900. Since you found them in the 1930 census, that means they both died after 1930. Also, they were married about 1886 per this census.

I would try to find death dates for them so that you can send away for their death certificates. Hopefully if the death certificate was filled out properly, you can get their parents names which will help you continue with your search.

I hope this is help to you in getting started.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Joe lease be aware this person is a commercial genealogist and furnishes her business address. This is not a genealogy forum for business transactions but only free advice so do not pay for any information. Peter
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

ptimber wrote:Dear Joe lease be aware this person is a commercial genealogist and furnishes her business address. This is not a genealogy forum for business transactions but only free advice so do not pay for any information. Peter
Dear Peter,

Two things: One, hurry up, you missed harrassing me on another message I just posted.

And two, its a pity you that you can't handle whenever anyone but yourself responds to a person. Did you ever think there are nice people out in the world?

Smiling:)
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »