Looking for information on Vitale Gargiulo and Rachela

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ckolesa

Looking for information on Vitale Gargiulo and Rachela

Post by ckolesa »

Does anyone have information about Vitale and Rachela Gargiulo. They are my great grandparents from somewhere near Salerno, It. I know of one of their children, Raffaele Gargiulo my grandfather born Oct. 21, 1880 or 1883.
Marcio_Vitale

Re: Looking for information on Vitale Gargiulo and Rachela

Post by Marcio_Vitale »

Ciao!
Unfortunately I don´t have any info. about these couples. My Granps. also came from Campania (Campora) Prov. Salerno, but have no further reccords. However, maybe this is a clue.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

There are currently 170 Gargiulo surnamed persons inthe province of Salerno thruout towns and villages and since civil records are located inthe city,town or village where persons are born, married or deceased you would need to locate the specific city,town or village.

Have you checked the www.ellisisland,.org website for their arrival inthe USA which will reflect the specific place.

By the way Italian woman do not lose their identity and knowing the spouse's maiden name would be helpful. Only children take the fathers last name. =Peter=
~Peter~
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Hi all, just to not duplicate efforts, this is the related post about Raffaele Gargiulo:

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... 13571.html

It may help...

Laura