Looking information about Giovanni Battista Basso

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
sueannemarie

Looking information about Giovanni Battista Basso

Post by sueannemarie »

I am looking for information on Giovanni Battista Basso, my grandfather told me stories of this man and he told me it was his uncle. does anyone have a family line on Giovanni Battista basso.
thanks
susan
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Looking information about Giovanni Battista Basso

Post by brujaojos »

sueannemarie wrote:I am looking for information on Giovanni Battista Basso, my grandfather told me stories of this man and he told me it was his uncle. does anyone have a family line on Giovanni Battista basso.
thanks susan
Hi Susan,

Can you give us any more information as to a town Giovanni is from, an approximate age, even a State you think he may of settled in? There are too many Giovanni (aka-John) Basso's in the Census. We need some more information in order to help you better.

Once you supply us with more information, I'm sure someone in the group will be happy to help you.

Have a good one.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

If you go to www.ellisisland.org you will find 16 persons with that name. each name will have the year of arrival and most will have the town of origin. by reviewing the 16 you may come across something that will trigger a storyu or memory about this person. In the meantime if your furnish the town of origin all esle will fall in place. Do not give any money to the person who first approached you. She is a commercial geneal;ogist seeking your business since she advertises on the website. Peter
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

ptimber wrote:If you go to www.ellisisland.org you will find 16 persons with that name. each name will have the year of arrival and most will have the town of origin. by reviewing the 16 you may come across something that will trigger a storyu or memory about this person. In the meantime if your furnish the town of origin all esle will fall in place. Do not give any money to the person who first approached you. She is a commercial geneal;ogist seeking your business since she advertises on the website. Peter
Peter,

Everything with you is about control All you want is control of the group. It's a pity that you are that way and can't share and play nice with others. As I said before, I do feel sorry for you.

And if you do give out advice, why don't you try something different than Ellis Island or the Italian White Pages. Did you ever think someone might want to find a Census, look for Natuarlization records, or wanted information from the Social Security Death Index?

I give out "free" information every day of the week at my local FHC. I'm volunteer there. I love to help people with their genealogy for everyone has the right to know their roots. Why you think I can't do it here, I'll never know.

But like I said, everyone here sees how you bash my name. But you know something, it just shows how small you are, not me.

Trish
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

sueannemarie wrote:I am looking for information on Giovanni Battista Basso, my grandfather told me stories of this man and he told me it was his uncle. does anyone have a family line on Giovanni Battista basso.
thanks
susan
Hi are only 3 Giovanni Battista Basso listed on ellis island:
Name of Passenger Residence Arrived Age on Arrival
1. G Battista Basso Spezia 1902 28
2. G. Battista Basso Arzene, Italy 1911 26
3. G.B. (Giovanni Battista)Fu. ( son of )Michele Basso(died)
Genova 1902 65
(all coming from Liguria region, various towns...),
regards, suanj
kchio

Post by kchio »

Trish,

If you give out free information. Please help me find out what happened to my great grandmother whom nobody seems to know. Look for my post named Still Searching.

All information that I know is there.

Professional researchers I think are a tremendous help. I have used one prior and have found out a ton of information for me that I could not normally find.

Any way Trish, I am currently out of a job and would welcome any additional information that can help me out. Especially any information that pertains to my first great grandmother Assunta Rego. Who might have used her mothers maiden name which I do not know.

kind regards,
Kenny.
Life is so very short. As we grow older we realize we have additional family in this beautiful world. Stand up and be counted and find your roots. You might be suprised you still have living relatives in the homeland.
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

kchio wrote:Trish, Professional researchers I think are a tremendous help. I have used one prior and have found out a ton of information for me that I could not normally find. kind regards,Kenny.
Kenny,

Thanks for the kind word. I'm sending you a message at your original post.

Trish
Trish
Genealogy-Forum