Birth and Marriage records

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
ccam

Birth and Marriage records

Post by ccam »

I'm trying to obtain my great grandparents' marriage and birth certificates for citizenship. The naturalization papers indicate they were born in San Lorenzo Palermo. Do I write to the Palermo Comune for the records or somewhere else?
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Birth and Marriage records

Post by PeterTimber »

The location is a peripheral part of Palermo that is San Lorenzo Colli,located on the road to Palermo proper Via Giuseppe Mazzini I believe.

In any event, the address to send your request for documents is to the Ufficio di Stato Civile, Viale Lazio #119, stanza 11, 90100, Palermo, Sicily, Italy

Send form letter in Italian for documents fromthe following:
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html

The service is free of charge so just send a self addressed return envelope if you wish. =Peter=
~Peter~
ccam

Post by ccam »

Thanks you so much Peter!
nazca
Elite
Elite

Post by nazca »

Hi,
depending on date of birth and marriage
is better send a mail directly to :

Ufficio di stato Civile
Piazza Giulio Cesare, 52
90127 Palermo (PA)
Italy

because there the civil records starts from 1820 to today.
Research of certificate will be "manual" and is the only one in palermo where this research is possible. Other office dislocated in Palermo are subsidiary and they done a request to above office for ancient records. Other office works with actuall records.
I hope it help.

Vincenzo
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
ccam

Post by ccam »

Thank you Vincenzo. I had that address and sent a request to both.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

The Stato Civile is located near the train station at Piazza Giulio Cesare #52, 90100 in Palermo have micorfilmed their records BUT don't have access to the films at the above location....It is best to send a letter to request for documents at the Viale Lazio #119, Stanza 11, 90100 in Palermo address.. of the Ufficio di Stato Civile/Anagrafe. =Peter=
~Peter~
nazca
Elite
Elite

Post by nazca »

Hi,
i know that office in front of central station. Several years ago I obtained to visit tha large room at second or third floor where are stored hundreds of original handwriting records of birth, marriage and death. This is the only place where this “bookâ€
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
chez4211

Post by chez4211 »

I am searching for Bonacci Family from San Mango D'Aquino, Italy. My father Mario F. Bonacci was born there and his mother was Angela Puteri and father Victorio Bonacci. I would like to find out who their parents were? Where can I go to find them and other family members? Also how can I search for names in Cemetaries in San Mango?

Thanks,
Mary Bonacci-Sanchez
chez4211@yahoo.com
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Go towww.nonsolocap.it/calabria/46-San Mango-d-aquino for the web page of the town and send form letters in Italian to the Ufficio di Stato Civile using the address of the MUNICIPIO. To the right is the www tourist info for website (translatable into english by google..I have that capacity).

For form letters toi obtain documents go to the following:
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html

To find current relatives try telephone directory for town by going to www.paginebianche.it and put in Bonacci in fiurst line and town name in second line and click CERCA for 3 potential relatives currently living there. http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... etter.html for letter tio potential relatives. =Peter=
~Peter~
ccam

Post by ccam »

I received my great grandparents' marriage certificate from Italy. However, my request was stamped that they had no record of a birth certificate for my great grandfather. He was born in San Lorenzo Palermo. Is there another location or comune that I can request records? Also, if I wanted to located his baptismal certificate, do I need the name of the Church or is there a main Church where records are kept?
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

San Lorenzo Colli is located on the Palermo City outskirts and falls under that jurisdiction of Palermo for civil records. There are 126 churches in palermo and you may wish to see if there are any churches associated with San Lorenzo or San Lorenzo Colli by going to www.parrocchie.it and putting in palermo on the right side. =Peter=
~Peter~
ccam

Post by ccam »

thank you for the link Peter
Marcello_DAleo
Master
Master

Post by Marcello_DAleo »

Parrocchia S. Rosalia

Via S. Lorenzo Colli, 198
90146 Palermo

Telefono: 0916881724
Fax: 0916881724
E-mail: santarosalia@tiscali.it
Visit my web site!
Southern Italy Genealogical Center
http://www.sicilygenealogy.com/
ccam

Post by ccam »

Thank you Marcello. I will try that church
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear CCAM Marcello certainly came to your rescue and made the whole process faster for you. Marcello is an expert for this area of Italy. Just a word of caution about parish priests in Italy. The parish priest has complete control over his church and it used to be advised by the Mormon church 5-7 years ago that a donation of $15.00 would be appropriate to offer as a donation to cover the costs of doing a search for the records you are seeking. Since that time the dollar has declined and I suspect that a donation of $25.00 may be its rough equivalent to offer as a donation.

For your further information should it needs be that you may wish to communicate with the Palermo archdiocese for whatever reason the e-mail address for their historic archives department is archivistorico@diocesipa.it =Peter=
~Peter~