Last document ordered!!!!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
tonyric
Veteran
Veteran

Last document ordered!!!!

Post by tonyric »

My certificate of no appeals form LA County Archives has just been ordered. I should have it back within 10 calendar days (they say 5 business days to do the certificate) using fed ex overnight for it...

Then 6 documents to the California Secretary of State for Apostilles....

then the morning of my appointment on September 16, I will get my one remaining document apostilled (my GF's birth certificate) and I am ALL SET!!!! All documents in hand and to be submitted.

No show stopping discrepancies.... Just Frank/Francesco for my GGF, all others are in the non-italian line and those are the same Giovanna/Jenny for my GM... Everything else is straight with no discrepancies. :)

So, hopefully I will leave on the 16th of September an Italian Citizen... Of course, I expect to have to wait a month or so, but that's ok.

I am SOOOOOOOO excited. 8-)
Tore

Re: Last document ordered!!!!

Post by Tore »

Congrats Tony good work, we are still waiting for the office of homeland security to send us index's for my maternal gf :)
tonyric
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tonyric »

The letter of no appeals is between Memphis and home.... I will have it today. Complete package of california documents goes out for apostilles tomorrow. THEN my package is 100% complete and I am ready for September 16. :D I am so excited, my process only began July 2008 but it has felt like a long one....

Now if I only knew how long it would take the Boston Consulate to process my paperwork, I would have a better idea of the timeframe. :)
Tore

Post by Tore »

Let us know how it goes in Boston as that's where we will be applying ourselves.. a friend already went thru the process and said the Boston consulate was very easy and helpful.. hope it remains so for you as well :)
tonyric
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tonyric »

I will be asking for him to try to fast track it... I may have business reasons by then. :)
tonyric
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tonyric »

I just scanned in and emailed the complete package to the Boston Consulate.... California documents are off for apostille... Now, just waiting for the 16th of September, and a cruise in the Caribbean that starts next sunday. :D
tonyric
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tonyric »

My package is COMPLETE!!! I received the documents from California today and the Certificate of Naturalization from the USCIS will be in my hands tomorrow... So, call it "From the: Can we cut it any closer?" files... My appointment is this wed. :D I am so excited.
tonyric
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tonyric »

Tore wrote:we are still waiting for the office of homeland security to send us index's for my maternal gf :)
When did you send in the request? They seem to be working at faster than one month of requests each month and should be caught up pretty soon I think.
Tore

Post by Tore »

we sent our request for an index number in mid-late June. When I checked the other day they were already working on early join so we are trying to be as patient as possible... but of course we watch the mail constantly hahha. Good luck with your interview..