Still Searching

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
kchio

Re: Still Searching

Post by kchio »

Have you found anything Essgee?
Life is so very short. As we grow older we realize we have additional family in this beautiful world. Stand up and be counted and find your roots. You might be suprised you still have living relatives in the homeland.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Kchio: for your request please send an email to Common birthplace your ancestor and you request "foglio di famiglia storico" of Chiocchi Pasquale.. head family...on this certificate are many info, also first marriage and second marriage, emigration years , sons, ancient address in Italy etc..
--suanj
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

kchio wrote: I have basically run into a dead end trying to track my origonal great grandmother Asnuta Rego. can you help out at all?
regards Kenny

Trish, If you give out free information. Please help me find out what happened to my great grandmother whom nobody seems to know. Look for my post named Still Searching.

All information that I know is there.

Professional researchers I think are a tremendous help. I have used one prior and have found out a ton of information for me that I could not normally find.

Any way Trish, I am currently out of a job and would welcome any additional information that can help me out. Especially any information that pertains to my first great grandmother Assunta Rego. Who might have used her mothers maiden name which I do not know.

kind regards,
Kenny.
Hi Kenny,
I will print out your information and look at, however, you have to give me some time to get back to you. The next few days I'll be at the Family History Center for I volunteer there several days every week.

If I have questions, I'll ask.
Have a good one.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
kchio

Post by kchio »

suanj wrote:Kchio: for your request please send an email to Common birthplace your ancestor and you request "foglio di famiglia storico" of Chiocchi Pasquale.. head family...on this certificate are many info, also first marriage and second marriage, emigration years , sons, ancient address in Italy etc..
--suanj
Suanj,

I do not speak Italian and I live in America. I would not know what to say let alone how to say it. My relatives are from Avellino. This is where all the information is. I would imagine the record for my Great Grandfathers first wifes death would be there along with his proclamation of second marriage. As mentioned prior there would be a record that would show his birth and first marriage and first wifes death in order for him to marry a second time. That would be the record that I am looking for. I would not know how to find it. Any ideas would you have....

thanks so much.

regards
kenny
Life is so very short. As we grow older we realize we have additional family in this beautiful world. Stand up and be counted and find your roots. You might be suprised you still have living relatives in the homeland.
kchio

Post by kchio »

brujaojos wrote:
kchio wrote: I have basically run into a dead end trying to track my origonal great grandmother Asnuta Rego. can you help out at all?
regards Kenny

Trish, If you give out free information. Please help me find out what happened to my great grandmother whom nobody seems to know. Look for my post named Still Searching.

All information that I know is there.

Professional researchers I think are a tremendous help. I have used one prior and have found out a ton of information for me that I could not normally find.

Thank you very much. In the mean time I will be trying to find somone who would be willing to spare a few minutes of their time in Avellino to maybe find this document I am looking for.

kind regards

kenny

Any way Trish, I am currently out of a job and would welcome any additional information that can help me out. Especially any information that pertains to my first great grandmother Assunta Rego. Who might have used her mothers maiden name which I do not know.

kind regards,
Kenny.
Hi Kenny,
I will print out your information and look at, however, you have to give me some time to get back to you. The next few days I'll be at the Family History Center for I volunteer there several days every week.

If I have questions, I'll ask.
Have a good one.
Trish
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Ken,

Have you checked with the state of NJ to see if they happen to have a death record for Susan (Assunta) Chiocchi? Sometimes it helps to rule out things.

I happen to be in Trenton, NJ this week and plan on doing some research at the archives. I could check the 1910 - 1912 death records for you, just to rule out this possibility.

Debbie
kchio

Post by kchio »

VaDeb wrote:Ken,

Have you checked with the state of NJ to see if they happen to have a death record for Susan (Assunta) Chiocchi? Sometimes it helps to rule out things.

I happen to be in Trenton, NJ this week and plan on doing some research at the archives. I could check the 1910 - 1912 death records for you, just to rule out this possibility.

Debbie
well as far as I know, she did not die here in the states. They came here in 1910 and they are all in the census, however, she supposedly took ill very shortly after and went back to italy to die. This is what I was told. Thats all I know.

regards
kenny
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

kchio wrote:
suanj wrote:Kchio: for your request please send an email to Common birthplace your ancestor and you request "foglio di famiglia storico" of Chiocchi Pasquale.. head family...on this certificate are many info, also first marriage and second marriage, emigration years , sons, ancient address in Italy etc..
--suanj
Suanj,

I do not speak Italian and I live in America. I would not know what to say let alone how to say it. My relatives are from Avellino. This is where all the information is. I would imagine the record for my Great Grandfathers first wifes death would be there along with his proclamation of second marriage. As mentioned prior there would be a record that would show his birth and first marriage and first wifes death in order for him to marry a second time. That would be the record that I am looking for. I would not know how to find it. Any ideas would you have....

thanks so much.

regards
kenny
Kenny: if you know exact birth date of Pasquale Chiocchi(son of Generoso, as are in other ship's manifest on Angela Chiocchi,sister of Pasquale, father's name : Generoso, placebirth of Avellino, and in others ship manifest, of 1902:only Avellino;of 1911: Valle di Avellino; of 1912: only Avellino. Ditto for Carmine Chiocchi uncle of Pasquale, Vincenzo and Angela, on ship's manifest of 1911: only Avellino. Ditto for Vincenzo Chiocchi: Avellino, and in 1905 only Valle town, and it go from Sabato Cerviello uncle in Patterson-also coming from Valle di Avellino), are possible, sure, to send an email Avellino Common, for italian text I prepare you, please let me know the birthdate of Pasquale..
The problem are on Common "valle di Avellino" this Common not exist ..probable changed name town in the time...but I thik really Valle di Avellino is Avellino fraction, in fact are an Valle fraction in Avellino town, I've controlled.. Valle di Avellino=Valle of Avellino, I think just send email to Avellino Common, please birthdate of Pasquale, and I prepare italian text...
More: the exact surname are REGA and not Rego, in fact Rego not exist in all Avellino province! But are many Rega in Avellino province, and 3 Rega in Avellino town, perhaps are possible to send an letter to this Rega persons, for info relationship with Assunta Rega.. I think they can help you also...

suanj
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Ken,

I have occasionallyordered a record that was very similar to what I needed, but had some information that I knew could not make it what I wanted. And SURPRISE, turns out it was the direct ancestor. Sometimes stories change, get remembered wrong, whatever.

I am going to the archives in Trenton today. I will check the 1910-1913 birth records for you for your Assunta Chiocchi. This way you will know for sure she did not die in NJ. This is easy to rule and then you know you need to work on Italy.

I will let you know what I find either way.

Debbie
kchio

Post by kchio »

suanj wrote:
kchio wrote:
--suanj
Suanj,

thanks so much.

regards
kenny
Kenny: if you know exact birth date of Pasquale Chiocchi(son of Generoso, as are in other ship's manifest on Angela Chiocchi,sister of Pasquale, father's name : Generoso, placebirth of Avellino, and in others ship manifest, of 1902:only Avellino;of 1911: Valle di Avellino; of 1912: only Avellino. Ditto for Carmine Chiocchi uncle of Pasquale, Vincenzo and Angela, on ship's manifest of 1911: only Avellino. Ditto for Vincenzo Chiocchi: Avellino, and in 1905 only Valle town, and it go from Sabato Cerviello uncle in Patterson-also coming from Valle di Avellino), are possible, sure, to send an email Avellino Common, for italian text I prepare you, please let me know the birthdate of Pasquale..
The problem are on Common "valle di Avellino" this Common not exist ..probable changed name town in the time...but I thik really Valle di Avellino is Avellino fraction, in fact are an Valle fraction in Avellino town, I've controlled.. Valle di Avellino=Valle of Avellino, I think just send email to Avellino Common, please birthdate of Pasquale, and I prepare italian text...
More: the exact surname are REGA and not Rego, in fact Rego not exist in all Avellino province! But are many Rega in Avellino province, and 3 Rega in Avellino town, perhaps are possible to send an letter to this Rega persons, for info relationship with Assunta Rega.. I think they can help you also...

suanj
Pasquale Chiocchi was born on January 6, 1982 in Valle. Valle was a hamlet of the township of Mercogliano Near Avellino. Up untill 1855 circa afterwhich it was annexed to Avellino township. Today, Valle is a hamlet of Avellino city. Older records of my family can be found in Mercogliano while post 1855 records are held in Avellino.

Pasquale's SECOND marriage was dated March 21 1912 in Avellino. I am concerned with his first marriage. No records have been found yet.

His father would be Generoso Chiocchi resident of Valle hamlet of Avellino who married Maddalena Marotta daughter of Simone Marotta and Giuseppa Graziano.

Any other questions please feel free.

regards
kenny
kchio

Post by kchio »

VaDeb wrote:Ken,

I have occasionallyordered a record that was very similar to what I needed, but had some information that I knew could not make it what I wanted. And SURPRISE, turns out it was the direct ancestor. Sometimes stories change, get remembered wrong, whatever.

I am going to the archives in Trenton today. I will check the 1910-1913 birth records for you for your Assunta Chiocchi. This way you will know for sure she did not die in NJ. This is easy to rule and then you know you need to work on Italy.

I will let you know what I find either way.

Debbie
Debbie thanks so much, I think you mean death records correct for that year? Her death would have been from 1910 through 1912 no later or earlier. As mentioned I have census proof of her being here in 1910 and Pasquale remarried in 1912. So as mentioned the time period is very short for her marriage, pregnancy and birth of Generoso and her death all within 2 years.

regards
kenny
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

HI, send this letter with email or normal post, the address is in red, or an fax +39 0825/32810
------------------

info@comune.avellino.it
--------------------------------- text letter

Spett.le Servizi Demografici
Piazza Popolo
83100 Avellino (AV)
Italia

Oggetto: Richiesta "Foglio di Famiglia Storico" di Chiocchi Pasquale nato a Avellino (frazione: Valle di Avellino) il 6 Gennaio 1882, figlio di Generoso e Marotta Maddalena.

Spett.le Servizi Demografici,

mi chiamo .... (your first and last name) e sono cittadino statunitense di origini italiane, discendente di Chiocchi Pasquale nato a Avellino (frazione: Valle di Avellino) il 6 Gennaio 1882, figlio di Generoso e Marotta Maddalena.
Chiocchi Pasquale emigrò in USA la prima volta nel 1902 e successivamente, dopo essere tornato indietro in Italia per due volte, ritornò in USA nel 1911 e poi nel 1912.
Chiocchi Pasquale sposò in prime nozze Rego/a Assunta e successivamente, rimasto vedovo, sposò Maccario (?) Lucia con la quale si stabilì definitivamente in USA nell'ultimo viaggio del 1912.

Al fine di conoscere l'esatta situazione familiare di Chiocchi Pasquale e ogni dato necessario in merito al primo matrimonio con Rego/a Assunta e notizie della stessa, con la presente il Sottoscritto cortesemente richiede a codesto Spett.le Servizi Demografici quanto oggetto della presente.

Se una spesa è dovuta si prega di farla conoscere in entità e modalità di invio.
In attesa di riscontro alla presente ai sensi della L.241/90, è gradita l'occasione per porgere i più distinti saluti,

..........(your name)
....your complete and exact address)
..........your mailto

------------------
regards, suanj
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Ken,

Sorry I did mean death records. I checked 1910 and 1911 and did not find anything that looked closed to that record. Was unable to check 1912 as that volume of microfilm was in use somewhere in the archives and never showed up in the cabinet while I was there.

So, looks like Italy is the direction you need to go as you thought.

Debbie
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

Just stepping in here for a minute...looks like a lot of action going on and with any luck, someone might find something...

Based on looking at the census records again...
She was listed in the census as Susan (Assunta) in 1910 and his passenger record for 1911 says he left Assunta in Italy....probably his son as well. So she must have returned to Italy and then died there...this is the only explanation.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that they find the death record. If not try and mail the commune as Suanj pointed out.

Still see no passenger record for her........

Hang in there.........
kchio

Post by kchio »

Essgee wrote:Just stepping in here for a minute...looks like a lot of action going on and with any luck, someone might find something...

Based on looking at the census records again...
She was listed in the census as Susan (Assunta) in 1910 and his passenger record for 1911 says he left Assunta in Italy....probably his son as well. So she must have returned to Italy and then died there...this is the only explanation.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that they find the death record. If not try and mail the commune as Suanj pointed out.

Still see no passenger record for her........

Hang in there.........
Essgee,

this is getting very exciting now. I have a direction to go now. the events happened as follows.

Pasquale married in Italy to Assunta Rega, they had a child named Generoso which we called him Joeseph. All three of them came to US in the year of 1910. Soon after that Assunta Rega fell Ill and was told by a physician here in the states she should go back to Italy for medical treatment. So they all packed up and brought her back to Italy. Unfortunately she passed away soon after. Pasquale was forced to marry again to have a women take care of Generoso. My relatives tell me that his next wife to be did not want to marry him that she did not like him. However, be that as it may everyone pushed him on her. They got married quickly and he brought Lucia and Generoso back to the states. After that he would have 5 more children with Lucia. heeh.... Lets see if we can find out what happened to his first wife....I am interested to know when she died and of what causes and who her parents were.

thanks for your help.

regards kenny,.