How to get jure sanguinis citizenship being in Italy?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Yazx

How to get jure sanguinis citizenship being in Italy?

Post by Yazx »

Hi eveyone,

My specific concern is the following: Having an aunt of mine getting the citizenship long time ago in my country's consulate, I'd like to know if by going to Italy to get my own citizenship and my family's I can USE my aunt's expedient's number than must be recorded in a comune to where the documents were send from my country's consulate. Is this possible?

Or do I have to get all the same documents as she did AGAIN and take them to Italy from the very beginning?

Thank you, please let me know if anybody knows this! And what is the procedure being there in Italy, where to go and what to do.

Regards,
Yasmin
mler
Master
Master

Re: How to get jure sanguinis citizenship being in Italy?

Post by mler »

Many people have applied it Italy, but in order to do so you must first establish a legal residence in Italy. This will probably be your most difficult task. Once you have done this, you can apply at your comune. If you establish residency at your ancestral comune, they should have your aunt's papers recorded. If you reside in another comune, they are unlikely to access your aunt's records. Keep in mind too that your aunt is not in your direct line, so you will still need the documents related directly to you.

The requirements are a bit different--in terms of translations and apostilles--from those of the various consulates. Also, some comune are more familiar with jure sanguinis than are others, so there is no guarantee that the process there will move more quickly.

If your family is applying with you, they will also have to establish residency. You cannot apply in Italy on a tourist visa.