Help Please. Translate one sentence from Avella comune

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
taxi55
Veteran
Veteran

Help Please. Translate one sentence from Avella comune

Post by taxi55 »

Hi Everyone. Could someone help me with translating this sentence from the comune? I had requetsed an ancestor's birth record from circa 1862 and instead received this today. I think it says something about a fire and therefore no records exist??? Also - if there was a fire, if someone would formulate a sentence back to them, so I can ask what years they have records for that would be great!

Thanks!
Sophia

rif.Vostra nota:

Si comunica, che questo ufficio di Stato Civile ha effettuato delle rierche negli archivi esistente, purtroppo manca il registro delle nascite dell'anno 1862 causa incendio negli anni passati.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Help Please. Translate one sentence from Avella comune

Post by PeterTimber »

There is something amiss here. The mormon church family history library reflects that microfilm of the civil records for Avella (provincia Avellino) are avilable for the period 1809 to 1900 in their library.

Whyt not go to www.familysearch.org and rent out the Avella comune microfilm and look up the birth record. It costs about $5.00. It may very well be that there was a fire and there is no record for the year you indicated (1862) but then again you can give it a try.

There is a companion book Discovering your Italian Ancestors by Lynn Nelson which assist viewing micorfilms of the vitals records. =Peter=
~Peter~
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

Si comunica, che questo ufficio di Stato Civile ha effettuato delle rierche negli archivi esistente, purtroppo manca il registro delle nascite dell'anno 1862 causa incendio negli anni passati.

Translation:
We advise, that this State Registrars Office has carried out a search of the existing archives, unfortunately the Register for Births for the year of 1862 is missing due to a fire some years ago.

Could you please indicate which Registers, for which years, remain in the archives?

Per cortesia, potete indicare quali registri, per quali anni, sono rimasti nel archivio?
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
taxi55
Veteran
Veteran

Post by taxi55 »

Thank you Peter and Elba! Very much appreciated!!!

Enjoy your day,
Sophia