requesting military records

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: requesting military records

Post by johnnyonthespot »

ddevirgilio wrote: johnnyonthespot, I owe you immense thanks. I was able to find my grandfather, Damiano De Virgilio, in the database. I am able to confirm the listing based on the date of birth. While I always knew that he was allegedly killed in Rhodes shortly after the Italian Armistice, I had no inkling that there were any burial records. According to the database, he was buried in Greece, but I doubt that there is a marked grave because family lore is that he was one of the soldiers massacred by the German military after the armistice.
No, please thank Ricccardo - it was his earlier post that turned me on to that website. I am happy to hear that it worked out so well for you.
Thanks also for the letter template!
You're welcome!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Lilbees and Johnny I spoke with the LDS people in Salt Lake City and they recognized the problem of a lack of a universal form letter requesting military records in Italy They got back and said they are commencing to draft a form letter and then will determine where best to post it so that we can refer people by website to the form letter much like what we do now.

They are sending me a draft copy and hopefully an url that will be accomodating to the inquirers. =Peter=
~Peter~
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Thanks for pursuing this Peter. I am sure appreciated by all.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

PeterTimber wrote:Dear Lilbees and Johnny I spoke with the LDS people in Salt Lake City and they recognized the problem of a lack of a universal form letter requesting military records in Italy They got back and said they are commencing to draft a form letter and then will determine where best to post it so that we can refer people by website to the form letter much like what we do now.

They are sending me a draft copy and hopefully an url that will be accomodating to the inquirers. =Peter=
Peter :D ,
What a wonderful thing for you to undertake with the folks at LDS.
Thank you,
Valarie
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear VJ your a sweetheart! I wil lkeep everyone posted when its time. =Peter=
~Peter~