Musto, Nuzzolo matrimoni

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Musto, Nuzzolo matrimoni

Post by Tessa78 »

Great minds!!! :-)

T.
User avatar
oilman19
Master
Master
Posts: 1372
Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 20:43
Location: Simsbury, CT

Re: Musto, Nuzzolo matrimoni

Post by oilman19 »

Hi Peg and Tessa. :)

Thank you for the extra research. You folks are great.
I'll have to do a good job on this marriage. Someone else has an equal interest. Isn't that wonderful! :)
It is always great when I get a chance to help someone else.

Thank you again.

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
User avatar
june9
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 00:19

Re: Musto, Nuzzolo matrimoni

Post by june9 »

Maria Teresa's first husband was Antonio Farina.
User avatar
june9
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 00:19

Re: Musto, Nuzzolo matrimoni

Post by june9 »

Don Paulo Cipullo the Possidente was a witness to this wedding.I have seen him witness several other weddings on different sides of my family over a 20 or 30 year period. He must have been a very important person. I have wondered if he was their landlord or employer or what.
User avatar
oilman19
Master
Master
Posts: 1372
Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 20:43
Location: Simsbury, CT

Re: Musto, Nuzzolo matrimoni

Post by oilman19 »

Hi June.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Did you look at the Musto tree I sent you? If so, do you have all of those documents? If I can provide you anything, please let me know.
Although I don't have a direct relation to the Musto's, I have quite a few documents I have scanned due to my indirect relationship that I noted for you. In fact, I found a few more matrimoni's this evening.
I hope we can help each other. :)

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Musto, Nuzzolo matrimoni

Post by Tessa78 »

"Possidente" means Property Owner :-)


T.
User avatar
maestra36
Master
Master
Posts: 3422
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Musto, Nuzzolo matrimoni

Post by maestra36 »

Hi Jim and T,
As usual, I have to put my two cents into this.

Rachela Aveta was living with her son, the widower of Angelarosa Casertano. The word "vedovo" for widower is the word which you couldn't read, T, after the words "col figlio."

I also agree with June that Farina is the surname of Antonio.

Peg
User avatar
maestra36
Master
Master
Posts: 3422
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Musto, Nuzzolo matrimoni

Post by maestra36 »

One more thing-item #4 in the list of documents the spouses provided for the marriage-there is nothing in this part of the document which has to do with a previous church wedding. The info under this number refers to the death record of the paternal grandfather of the groom and to an error concerning his name in that record. The witnesses also had prior knowledge concerning this error and they too told the parish priest about this.
User avatar
oilman19
Master
Master
Posts: 1372
Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 20:43
Location: Simsbury, CT

Re: Musto, Nuzzolo matrimoni

Post by oilman19 »

Hi Peg.

Thanks for the update.
Having looked at more contemporary "Atti di Matrimonio"'s, it seems these older ones tend to cover much more material. I'm frequently seeing large chunks of long hand documentaries (which I can't read) on page 2. Did the "Allegati" take the place of this page 2 commentary?
Just an observation.

Appreciate your help.

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
User avatar
maestra36
Master
Master
Posts: 3422
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Musto, Nuzzolo matrimoni

Post by maestra36 »

Jim
Forgot last night to post the witnesses from page 2.

Filippo Agnelli, Age 40, calzolaio, shoemaker,Strada della Croce

Giovanni D’Alesio, 52, calzolaio, shoemaker, Strada del Monte

Antonio Tramontano, age 23, legator(e) di libri, Strada dell’Olmo-bookbinder

Don Paolo Cipullo, 43, possidente, landowner, Strada San Lorenzo

The document was signed by the town officials and by the witnesses The spouses and the parents, who were before these same individuals, did not know how to write.

Peg
User avatar
maestra36
Master
Master
Posts: 3422
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Musto, Nuzzolo matrimoni

Post by maestra36 »

Yes, Jim, the list of documents required for the marriage on the top of page 2 are the allegati or supplemental records required for the marriage. Included under the category of allegati would be such documents as the birth records of the spouses, death records of former spouses, parents, grandparents, and marriage related records such as memoranda, notifications, publications, certificates of the following publications, and family council meeting records. In one of my towns. I've also seen unusual records listed such as a dispensation from Rome for the groom to marry (the actual document gave him permission to marry the sister of his deceased wife. The dispensation was needed because of the "blood or kinship" relationship to the second sister through his marriage to the first). Also I have seen listed among the allegati a document concerning a groom's freedom to marry (the actual document stated that he wasn't a member of the clergy, did not have another spouse, nor was he a member of the military). I have even occasionally found specific dates of birth and death buried in the list of allegati. Such dates are an important find, particularly when they are earlier than the year that the state civil records started in a particular town. So I believe it is really important to decipher the handwritten list of the allegati which is embedded in a marriage document and not to assume that it is just a list of the standard documents required for the marriage.
Peg
User avatar
maestra36
Master
Master
Posts: 3422
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Musto, Nuzzolo matrimoni

Post by maestra36 »

by the way, Jim, I forgot to mention to you that the surname of the deceased mother of the bride started with d'
User avatar
june9
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 00:19

Re: Musto, Nuzzolo matrimoni

Post by june9 »

Hi Jim I have the Musto tree you sent me.I don't have all those documents. Please send me any Musto documents you have. I would greatly appreciate it. Iam researching Musto, Vitrano,De Lucia, and Perrotta from Santa Maria Capua Vetere. They were my great grandparents. Thank you.
User avatar
oilman19
Master
Master
Posts: 1372
Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 20:43
Location: Simsbury, CT

Re: Musto, Nuzzolo matrimoni

Post by oilman19 »

Hi June,
This is getting more interesting. I may have another indirect relationship to your family. :)
My ggm's niece married Francesco Perrota (of Domenico of Giuseppe) and they raised their family in the New Haven, CT area. Francesco's brother Pasquale also emigrated to CT with his wife Anna Unknown. They also raised a large family here. These are S.M. Perrotta's. Would you know if this is the same line you are interested in?
Also, are you researching on microfilm?

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
User avatar
oilman19
Master
Master
Posts: 1372
Joined: 07 Oct 2009, 20:43
Location: Simsbury, CT

Re: Musto, Nuzzolo matrimoni

Post by oilman19 »

June,

sent you a PM.

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Post Reply