Cuppare Family from Reggio di Calabria, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
janisc77

Re: Cuppare Family from Reggio di Calabria, Italy

Post by janisc77 »

Sorry, I don't have anything like that, but my aunt Mary had a lot of documents. I don't know who removed her belonging after she passed away. You might want to ask the Cooper brothers who removed Aunt Marys belongings, she had all Gramma Coopers papers. Thats were you would find the birth certificates and marriage certificates.

Janis
janisc77

Post by janisc77 »

Sorry, I don't have anything like that, but my aunt Mary had a lot of documents. I don't know who removed her belonging after she passed away. You might want to ask the Cooper brothers who removed Aunt Marys belongings, she had all Gramma Coopers papers. Thats were you would find the birth certificates and marriage certificates.

Janis
janisc77

Post by janisc77 »

this is a duplicate
Cmc2128

Post by Cmc2128 »

Hey Guys,

I am currently changing my name from Cooper back to the original family name of Cuppare. I was doing a search and came across these posts from a long time ago they are pretty cool to read! My wife and I want to take a trip to Italy and try and connect with the original family does anyone has any idea if Cuppare's are still in Calabria??!
cuppare
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cuppare »

Very cool, changing the name back! I don't know if any family is still in Calabria, so many from the generation that would have written back home have died.
Primo Mattino
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Primo Mattino »

I have encountered the name hundreds of times but it was never spelled Cuppare. The correct name is Cuppari. Check my website using Google with this formula: "cuppari" site:www.benvanrijswijk.com. You can also use: "cuppari, giuseppe" site:www.benvanrijswijk.com and all kind of different variations. The name is from the area of Bova in the province of Reggio Calabria.
The origin of the name is Greek (in Bova untill recent times the current language was Greek), but because I am not at home right now I cannot look up for you its origin in the Dictionary of Names of the Graecanic Area of Calabria by Gerhard Rohlfs.
I would think if you change back your name, do it right.
cuppare
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cuppare »

Can anyone read the birthplaces on this form?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.