Teofilo Cerutti (Teofilo Cheroti)/Due Cittadinanza

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
User avatar
Cheroti101
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 38
Joined: 18 Jun 2005, 00:00

Re: Teofilo Cerutti (Teofilo Cheroti)/Due Cittadinanza

Post by Cheroti101 »

Thank you Suanj I think you really put everything together. Those ship manifests have to be them, it makes total sense.
User avatar
Cheroti101
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 38
Joined: 18 Jun 2005, 00:00

Re: Teofilo Cerutti (Teofilo Cheroti)/Due Cittadinanza

Post by Cheroti101 »

So was her Italian cognome Meloni or Melone?
User avatar
Cheroti101
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 38
Joined: 18 Jun 2005, 00:00

Re: Teofilo Cerutti (Teofilo Cheroti)/Due Cittadinanza

Post by Cheroti101 »

So was her Italian cognome Meloni or Melone?

Anyways I think I am in luck, I see no records of Naturalization for Teofilo Cerutti or Cerruti or Cheroti

https://www.myheritage.com/research?for ... heroti&p=2
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Teofilo Cerutti (Teofilo Cheroti)/Due Cittadinanza

Post by suanj »

I believe he was naturalized AFTER 1912, because the his name was totally italian on the ship's manifest of 1924, and he was no listed as US Citizen, but as Italian and it are the marking are abt the naturalization..
you can read here abt the marking meaning: http://www.jewishgen.org/InfoFiles/Manifests/occ/
suanj
ps: sorry abt the confusion on my previous post abt the trip's records, just the copy and paste errors... :D
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply