As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
PippoM wrote: 01 May 2020, 10:51
Thank you, Angela. We are fine, but still locked, I can't say "in", but sure "here".
And how are you?
Great, I'm pleased that you're all fine. I'm fine too, and still in lockdown. I'm sure these days will make very interesting reading in the history books.
My mom and dad came from two very different classes of Italian society. Dad's mom came from a very aristocrat family and mom's came from farmers and agricultural workers. When my mom's parents came to the US, they left their oldest son Giovanni in the care of my maternal grandmother's parents. I hea...