Immigration of Cicalas from Sciacca

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Immigration of Cicalas from Sciacca

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Anthony,

Just making sure that you know about the LDS films of Sciacca's civil records (birth, marriage, & death acts, 1820-1929).....if not, we can provide the information.
Let us know.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
gcicala

Post by gcicala »

I don't have Ellis Island info, but Accursio is my grandfather and I have some pictures, including his grave stone in Norristown PA.

I am trying to get a copy of his birth cert from Sciacca so I can see Italian citizenship.

What info do you have to share?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gcicala

Post by gcicala »

How can I get birth, marriage records from Sciacca?
BarbaraSunshine

Post by BarbaraSunshine »

Hi Anthony,
I believe we share branches of a family tree. My great grandmother was Giovanna (Jenny) Saladino (b 1873 - d 1939) and married Guiseppe (Joseph) Bondi (b 1870). Her father I believe was Sebastiano Saladino making Giovanna a younger sister of your Filippa. Giovanna lived in Norristown. I know that the Saladinos and Bondi's all came from Sciacca and traveled to Norristown. (I grew up in Norristown as you may have also?)

Note that in Italian tradition, Guiseppe and Giovanna named their first boy, (James) Vincent after the grandfather Vincenzo (it's possible that James became the Americanized nickname for Vincenzo. My oldest brother is named after his grandfather - James Vincent). Giovanna's second boy was named Sebastian which would be for her father. This seems to be some proof of relation as well as Sciacca/Norristown.

Do you have any info on Sebastiano's father, Luciano Saladino (1789)? I've traced Caterina Catanzaro's line but cannot find anything on Luciano.

If you have any photos of course I would love to see! I wish I had something to share but only have one photo with my Bondi grandparents, my father and his sisters, taken in the late 30s.

I love the Italian phonetic of Norristown (Desination Noustana) that I saw on an earlier response to one of your posts!

Barbara
aabruno
Rookie
Rookie

Post by aabruno »

Hi Barbara... wow, it has been a while since I posted here...first post in 2005.
I do have information on the Saladino lines....
Luciano Saladino 1789–1848
Parents:
Sebastiano Saladino 1750–1825
Giovanna Ingrao 1750–1825
Wife: Filippa Termine 1799–1867
Children: Antonia Saladino 1820–1821
Antonia Saladino 1822–
Maria Saladino 1825–
Sebastiano Saladino 1829–1887
Accursia Saladino 1832–
Ignazio Saladino 1834–
Onofrio Saladino 1837–1907
Rosa Saladino 1841–
aabruno
Rookie
Rookie

Post by aabruno »

then the 1750 Sebastiano's parents:
Luciano Saladino 1715–
Rosa Lunnari 1725–

And then this 1715 Luciano's parents: **birth dates estimates..

Sebastiano Saladino 1690–
Isabella Craparo 1690–

Cheers,

Anthony
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

aabruno wrote: 31 May 2018, 19:46 then the 1750 Sebastiano's parents:
Luciano Saladino 1715–
Rosa Lunnari 1725–

And then this 1715 Luciano's parents: **birth dates estimates..

Sebastiano Saladino 1690–
Isabella Craparo 1690–
How do you know this? Do you church records for Sebastiano and his parents? Do you have the marriage record of Sebastiano Saladino and Giovanna Ingrao? Or the marriage record of Luciano Saladino and Rosa Lunnari? Do you have the death or baptismal records of any of the 4 of them? Thanks.