Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
PeterTimber wrote:The military center for Venezia isin Padova and perhaps you might be able to obtain additonal leads in your research from that office. The e-mail address is cedoc-padova@esercito.difesa.it I refer you to this office only to avoid overlooking the obvious....but for detailed infromation about Venetian military internet research is the best way to go since you are looking for a specific reference during a specific period of time.
The other source of information would be the antiquarian dealer I have dealt with in the past and found most helpful in purchasing old books is Arnaldo Forni Editore in Bologna. Their e-mail address is info@fornieditore.com and their website is www.fornieditore.com. You can request their catalogue. =Peter=
Hello,
I have tried this email address but it has bounced back, please can you recheck it for me?
perhaps because you have to keep the letters together without spaces like this: cedoc_padova@esercito.difesa.it. I trust this will make a difference. =Peter=
dear Caludia when I typed the address to send an e-mail there are no spaces between padova@esercito but when I send this message somehow a space shows up between Padova and the @ and the word Esercito which I believe caused the problem. =Peter=
I worked out that I did not need the spaces. Then I realised I had put a - instead of a _ in between cedoc and padova. Many thanks, I have resent my email to them and this one seems to have sent okay.
An Italian novel for kids called "La Freccia Azzurra" (The Blue Arrow) says that all the children in the world wait for Christmas Eve to get presents from Santa Clause, but Italian kids are the luckiest in the world because they get presents again on the 6th of January by the Befana. Who is the Befa...