Can you help w/ Faustina Consani

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Nello-LosAngeles
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Can you help w/ Faustina Consani

Post by Nello-LosAngeles »

Nuccia,
Thanks for the lesson. I assume I need full access to Ancestry to do this so I'll go to the public library or a FHC and do it.

With what we see from all this we have verified that Faustian Consani Del Carlo consistantly says she immigrated in 1907. Does this help us with the search for her entry into the USA?

Should I write to US Immigration and Naturalization and ask for a record search?

Someone at the FHC suggested I go to a National Archive and search those records.

Is there a way to search NARA online?

Thanks for more lessons.
Nello
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: Can you help w/ Faustina Consani

Post by nuccia »

Nello I assume you would need a subscription to ancestry to make any corrections but if are using you FHL then you shouldn't have a problem.

As for Nara..I have hheard of people going in and "getting lost" in their site. Here is what I believe is the link..but don't hate me for it.

http://www.archives.gov/

There is a lot to learn from it..you just need time and patience. We really need to find that missing manifest...we may need to look through all the ships which arrived that year.

Can't help now since son needs the computer but we will find it. Meanwhile, have a look at NARA and see what you can come up with. You have the info from her passport..that should help...giveit a shot.

Hopefully someone has other advice who has more experience with this sort of thing than I do.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database